Answered

Local Music Library : How to avoid a long list of featuring artist?

• 20 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I would like to know how to tag my local music to avoid a long list of featuring artist. I just need to see the “Album artist” not every collaboration… (See file attached).

Thank for your help! 

Anthony.

icon

Best answer by buzz 20 February 2023, 11:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Try this setting.

Thank for your answer! But I've already done that and it’s not working ☹️ 

Have you checked your metadata (tags)? Does the Artist field contain only a single artist?

@buzz The Artist filed containt the Artist + a featuring artist. I found a workaround : I put the featuring artist in the song title. It’s a bit tedious, but It works.

Thanks for your help! 

I printed a “style sheet” to remind me how to construct the tag fields, then picked through my library to align the tags with my style sheet. Yes, it was a tedious one time job. Sorting by various tags is an easy way to find things that are “out of place” or misspelled.

I have exactly the same question as Anthony. There is no longer an option to show by “Album Artist” when playing music “On this Mobile Device”. Sorting by “Album” produces a list in random order, not alphabetically. I have 800 albums and I can no longer see a way to find what I want to hear without scrolling through the entire collection.

I am very old-school and listen to albums all the way through as the artist intended them and need “Album Artist”.

This is not true for the music stored on my computer, where there are 9 sorting choices. For music stored on my Android 13 phone, there are only 6. There is no “Album Artist” option.

Bruce