Live Phish

• 13 January 2024
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,

My Live Phish App does not work on Sonos in the evenings, but when we try in in the mornings it works.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Juist telling is you have a problem does not help the community to help you. Do you get any messages when the app does not work? Is the app part of the Sonos app, of is in separate. Of soms, does in use it’s own connection (like Spotify for example) or do you use Airplay? Could the WiFi in your home react different in the evenings (appartment building)?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry about that.

A message appears on the bottom of the page.

"Unable to add songs to the queue"

It will play tube music and also our Sirius 

Sorry about that.

A message appears on the bottom of the page.

"Unable to add songs to the queue"

It will play tube music and also our Sirius 

A user who had a similar issue to this, discovered it was a neighbours router in use in the evenings when they came home from work which was interfereing with their router signal. In another case, it was suspected someone else was using the WiFi in the evenings 😳, but not wishing to alarm you here, I would consider changing the local WiFi password and when that’s done, to perhaps try a different ‘fixed’ non-overlapping WiFi channel on your router and see if that perhaps makes a difference.

Try the routers 2.4Ghz channel on either channel 1, 6 or 11 and if the router allows set a channel-width if 20Mhz only and just see if things improve.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Got it! 

I'll try both.

Thanks!

I’m currently having the same issue. Other Sonos services are working fine. Only impacting LivePhish. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ours is only affecting Live Phish as well.

All other apps work. Live Phish is still working on my phone.

Have you contacted Live Phish? I think they use a different server to feed your Sonos than they do to serve your phone….

Userlevel 1
Badge

We just did.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,

I think I found the issue. We have multiple channels throughout our house and one of them isn't working,  whenever I try to play live phish on that channel and add other channels, it will not work. That channel is called the Family Room, if I start Live Phish on that channel it doesn't work. If I start Live Phish in the Kitchen channel, it works, I can add channels from there. That is why I thought it worked in the morning but not at night.

I would try it on another channel. I think it's an I.T. issue.

Thanks for all the replies. 

I have been getting the same issue.  All other services work on Sonos.  Did you ever get a response from Live Phish?  Obviously there is something wrong with their app as a result of a recent update as this was not an issue previously. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ho there, we did,

Our issue was one of our stations.

It would work on all the stations but the family room.

If we opened live phish on the kitchen station it worked.

Interesting, so did you get it working on all ‘rooms’ or did you have to put it on ‘kitchen’ first and then add it to ‘family room’?

Userlevel 1
Badge

So we can start it in the kitchen or any other station and add the family room to the station and it will play through the family room speakers, we just can’t start it in the family room. We have not fixed the issue, we still have to get our IT guy out here.

No real big deal because it still works, just an inconvenience. It was challenging trying to figure that out!

Got it, appreciate the info.  Mine just doesn't work anywhere; says error code 701.  I’ll see what sonos has to say tomorrow when I get s tech on the phone

Userlevel 1
Badge

Try unplugging the receivers and restarting them, one by one.

Why don’t LivePhish albums and songs show up when you use the search function in the Sonos app? I can browse for the songs, but nothing comes up under the search! Is that just me, or does it behave that way for everyone?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Not sure if you are doing this, but i use the Phish Live app on my Sonos account to search and stream Phish music., Not the Sonos search function.