Skip to main content

linking music service

• 18 January 2024
  • 7 replies

When I try to link Sirius XM, the app routes me to login to Sirius which I do successfully. But when it tells me to return to the Sonos App, I recieve the generic error that Sonos had a problem without providing any trouble codes. I have had this problem for a while and the symptoms have always been the same.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you running an S1 system? Others have claimed Sirius has a recent issue on S1 systems.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Get it to happen again.

Send Sonos support a diagnostic from your Controller.

Call Sonos support with the diagnostic number.

Thanks. I've had the issue for years but it was p on the bottom of my todo list since I could listen on my phone.  @Stanley_4 what and where is a controller? I control Sonos by its App. When I get the error, there's no diagnostics.  Below is a screenshot of the error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @jbagusta, welcome to Sonos Community!

Sonos Controller is called a device that has the Sonos App installed. It can be a smartphone, tablet or PC/Mac.

Following up the great advice from @Stanley_4, have a look at the following Support Article:

Submit Diagnostics and contact our Support team.

I hope this helps.

Thanks sotris and @Stanley_4 .  Where can I find the diagnostics in the app? I attached the error I recieved in an earlier post. As you can see there that there isn't any diagnostics in the message itself.

Please ignore. I hit the submitted diagnostics button and recieved a number. I was asked to only do when after contacting Support. What's the contact number?

I chatted with Support. They made me install the app on another device which got me pass my current problem. Now I've got to find out why Sonos is asking me to enable the skill in Alex when it is already enabled.