Answered

Latest upgrade no longer connects over zScaler VPN.

• 8 February 2024
  • 3 replies

The new forced upgrade no longer connects to my Sonos system. I have to disconnect from zScaler VPN (it has split horizons enabled), launch Sonos app on OSX, then I can reconnect to zScaler. Why is this?

Is there some way to get around this?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 9 February 2024, 17:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @DustinB, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sonos doesn’t support the use of VPNs and we recommend disabling them as a troubleshooting step, though this doesn’t mean that they wont work, just that we aren’t able to troubleshoot any issues that arise from using a VPN.

If disabling or toggling the VPN on and off resolves your issue and lets you connect to your system, then I would assume the issue lies with the VPN. I’m not familiar with zScaler, so I can’t offer any advice as to why you need to toggle the VPN while connecting to your system, however many users suggest enabling split tunneling on your VPN software. After some quick research, it seems that zScaler does have this option, so try that out if you haven’t.

My post will move your thread to the top of recently active, so other users can come into this thread to assist and provide any knowledge on this issue, though I would also recommend reaching out either to zScaler directly, or to a zScaler community, such as their own forums.

I hope this information helps!

As I described in the post, it just stopped with the latest release and works now only if I 1st disconnect from VPN while launching the app. Once launched, I can reconnect with VPN. Also, as described above, I do have split-horizons (aka, split tunneling) enabled. Seems something incompatible changed with the app with the latest release and I was just reporting it in hopes it could be fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe zScaler could (also) look into this?