Skip to main content
Answered

Latest iPhone app and system volume

On this week’s app release and latest firmware, with Sonos app open in the background I cannot turn the iPhone system volume down to 0. If you turn down to 0 it returns to say 5% a second or so after. I’ve closed all apps, rebooted phone and opened only Sonos and it reliably happens unless the app has been swipe up quit. Also seems to be using a lot of battery. Anyone else seen this?

13 replies

On what iPhone model and iOS is this occurring?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I'm getting the same issue on an android s22

The app keeps saying it can't find my system 

. Then odd speakers or speaker sets drop out of the app and you end up waiting for 3 minutes till you can do anything

It's actually unusable 

It's disgusting.... 

I had a party last weekend and we couldn't play music or requests.. It was dropping out left right and centre... It was embarrassing and at one point we had no music 

After paying thousands to build my system this is unacceptable 

Userlevel 3

On what iPhone model and iOS is this occurring?

14 pro, 17.5.1

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

On this week’s app release and latest firmware, with Sonos app open in the background I cannot turn the iPhone system volume down to 0. If you turn down to 0 it returns to say 5% a second or so after. I’ve closed all apps, rebooted phone and opened only Sonos and it reliably happens unless the app has been swipe up quit. Also seems to be using a lot of battery. Anyone else seen this?

Why don’t you just tap the small speaker icon on the left of the volume slider to mute it? That’s zero volume.

Userlevel 3

Why don’t you just tap the small speaker icon on the left of the volume slider to mute it? That’s zero volume.

This isn’t in the Sonos app. What I’m saying is that with the Sonos app open in the background the iPhone system volume (sound coming out of the iPhone) won’t go to 0. It’s a weird bug so difficult to explain,

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This isn’t in the Sonos app. What I’m saying is that with the Sonos app open in the background the iPhone system volume (sound coming out of the iPhone) won’t go to 0. It’s a weird bug so difficult to explain,

SORRY! I misread. iPhone going down to zero here with the Sonos app in the background, so not sure why yours is playing up…

Userlevel 3

SORRY! I misread. iPhone going down to zero here with the Sonos app in the background, so not sure why yours is playing up…

Oh well, thanks for checking. It’s very repeatable on mine so not quite sure what’s going on?

I have the exact same issue. iPhone 12 with current update. This started immediately with the latest Sonos app update 

Userlevel 3

I have the exact same issue. iPhone 12 with current update. This started immediately with the latest Sonos app update 

Good to know I’m not going mad!

I have exactly the same problem on my iPhone 15 Pro Max. Actually I didn’t realise it was even linked to Sonos, I thought I was just going mad! I was actually looking into why the Sonos app was draining my battery so bad with non-stop background activity, then discovered this volume issue too.

For the first time I’ve had to remove the app completely just to get a days use out of my phone. Let’s hope Sonos fixes this soon 😠

Userlevel 3

I have exactly the same problem on my iPhone 15 Pro Max. Actually I didn’t realise it was even linked to Sonos, I thought I was just going mad! I was actually looking into why the Sonos app was draining my battery so bad with non-stop background activity, then discovered this volume issue too.

For the first time I’ve had to remove the app completely just to get a days use out of my phone. Let’s hope Sonos fixes this soon 😠

Swipe up quitting the app when you’re not using seems to stop both the battery drain and the volume issue, but hopefully there’ll be a proper fix soon.

Swipe up quitting the app when you’re not using seems to stop both the battery drain and the volume issue, but hopefully there’ll be a proper fix soon.

That has worked for me as well. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jmyjazz et al

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for reporting - we are aware of this issue and are investigating.