Skip to main content

It looks as though I am just piling on at this point, but the new app update has been a horrible experience. My primary reason for going with the sonos system was the ability to tie it into my home library - and this is no longer available! In addition, the app response is sluggish, the volume control is nonresponsive, and each time I open the app it no longer recognizes my existing sonos system! And just for good measure, it randomly shuts down. Very frustrating - please get the app issue resolved promptly or at least allow us to reinstall the previous app release in the interim. 

Pile on!  It's completely normal reaction. SONOS cannot screw over users and expect them to say nothing.  You are shouting into the abyss, and SONOS don’t care, but it's at least therapeutic. 

If you are using iOS, install SonoPhone or SonoPad - that gets back most of the S2 app features including access to the music library, queue management, and smooth volume control.

If you want to use the new app with your music library and have search capability, you’ll need to install a Plex Server on a NAS or computer and connect the SONOS system to it much like you would any streaming service.

I am using both these as a stop-gap for the time being.

It looks as though I am just piling on at this point, but the new app update has been a horrible experience.

With you, this has been a super frustrating experience. A few constructive ideas for your consideration ...

• If you are using the Andorid app, re-installing the ‘old’ v16.1 app is straightforward
  • The Windows/Mac desktop apps remain on the old codebase and are quite full featured

… I recognize that the above are workarounds and not what you really want. They will make it easier for you to listen to your music while the new app is de-fubar’d.