Answered

Last.fm no longer in Services list and not scrobbling

• 1 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Scrobbling to Last.fm from my Sonos system has been working flawlessly since I set it up a year ago, until just a couple days ago.  My first instinct was to try and disconnect/re-connect Last.fm from within the Sonos app, but before I did that I noticed Last.fm wasn’t in the list of available services (both in the PC and iOS Sonos apps) to add.  I still see my Last.fm account as one of the active services running but I’m hesitant to remove it since there doesn’t appear to be a way to re-add it.

Has something changed?

Eric

icon

Best answer by ratty 1 April 2021, 13:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Now I look, I see nothing scrobbled from yesterday onwards. The last recorded play was on the evening of 30 Mar.

I don’t know what’s changed, but occasionally scrobbling fails for external reasons. The Sonos support article for Last.fm still says it’s available.

I spoke too soon. Scrobbling is working again today, but only on some players. 

And looking back there have been intermittent recording outages on several days, so something is -- or has been -- amiss.

I’m hesitant to remove it since there doesn’t appear to be a way to re-add it.

On this point, it won’t show in the available list because it’s already been added. It can’t be added twice. If you removed it, it would reappear in the list.