Skip to main content
Answered

KPIG Radio Problems

• 27 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I have had drop problems with KPIG (subscription radio station) for several years. I finally figured out a solution. I sign in on my KPIG browser app and then go to Sound output on my Mac Mini. There I choose a Sonos AirPlay speaker. Next, I go to my Sonos app and Play Everywhere. I can listen to KPIG 24/7 without a drop. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @CaptBilly, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m glad to hear that you’re able to listen without dropouts now you’re using Airplay to stream to Sonos, however, this would be a workaround and you’d likely still have dropouts if you use a different service without using Airplay.

If you’d like to troubleshoot why you were getting dropouts, then I’d suggest reaching out to our support team, but if you’re happy to continue using Airplay, then stick with that.

Your post should also help other users who experience the same issue you were with KPIG, so thanks for sharing!

KPIG user here - tune in won’t play KPIG,. My system is updated, reset everything, etc..Not sure if this is part of a tune-in problem? The other day my local NPR station suddenly wouldn’t connect via tune-in with a message that not part of tune-in or something like that so I picked up the station via apple music and then it came back to tune-in this week.

Any KPIG users out there suffering by having play ONLY on laptop or blue tooth speaker.  I had it added via the subscription service link and it was fine until now. Nothing on KPIG end.

Air drop a no for us because we have older units not able to do airdrop.

Thanks