Question

iTunes ripped CD's

• 10 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi!

The majority of my ripped cd’s in my itunes library are grayed out in my Apple Music library inside the Sonos app and therefore can’t be played on the new Sonos speaker I just purchased.  However, everything I ever purchased on itunes can be played.  Can you help?

Thanks in advance.  Steve

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Steve888.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue, let me help and try to figure this out.

To better understand, may I ask if it is working or showing in the native app (Apple Music) itself?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Thanks Annazel

Everything works fine in the native Apple Music app if say I play it via bluetooth on another speaker (e.g., JBL or Boze).  Only when I go via Sonos do the ripped songs get grayed out.

Thanks, Steve

Annazel

Btw, the confirmation number is 1443972672

Thx, Steve

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Steve888.

Thanks for your response and effort in getting the diagnostic.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, there’s no issue detected by the system that might cause the problem.

I suggest checking if the tracks are already available for streaming and see from the iTunes library if it is already downloaded successfully.

It is also important to identify the audio format, this article provides a list of supported audio formats when streaming from your local music library, Android device, or Internet radio stations.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.