Answered

Issues with Spotify Premium only showing in the Sonos App

• 1 November 2023
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

I am having major issues with Spotify and trying to track down my premium account. 
When I log into spotify it only shows that I have a free account, when my sonos account (linked via the same email) enables me to see all my playlists etc. I am also being charged each and every month via direct debit.

Firstly the direct messaging an advisor at spotify thing has proved completely un helpful so far and the support almost making me feel like it’s dodgy/scam like.

Anyway, I thought I’d try here as I’m struggling to find a solution anywhere else - has anyone ever had this issue? I’m at a loss as to who to speak to or where to get advice.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I’d be very welcome.

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 2 November 2023, 14:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @AC87, welcome to the Sonos Community!

This issue seems to be out of our scope, as it’s with Spotify and it also seems like the Sonos app is displaying your premium account correctly. 

While I can’t troubleshoot exactly what might be the issue, I do use Spotify myself so the following information may help. Unless you’ve changed what the account is called in the Sonos app, it should have the same name as your Spotify username name. Try request a password reset with Spotify using that username , then try to log in after changing it and see if it shows a premium account. 

I would also suggest trying to log in on a different device or web browser (or even the Spotify Desktop/Mac app) to see if that shows your account and premium status.

I haven’t seen this issue, but as it’s Spotify specific, it’s likely not mentioned here much, or at all. I would definitely recommend reaching back out to Spotify for further assistance. 

Thanks very much Jamie, it’s a strange one for sure - I will try pw reset and see if that shows anything different.

Appreciate you coming back to me.

Thanks,
Andy

Badge +20

You could try the logout everywhere option in Spotify, then login again.

Also I would cancel Spotify before the next billing cycle, then again use the log out everywhere function then subscribe again.

You could try the logout everywhere option in Spotify, then login again.

Also I would cancel Spotify before the next billing cycle, then again use the log out everywhere function then subscribe again.

Thanks very much for this - the bank did say they could put a block on this but I can’t actually cancel it as it’s a subscription payment they take rather than being a direct debit. I will try this also. I am just concerned about getting a CCJ on my account in future if I just stop paying it for a period of time.

Once again thanks for the advice, greatly appreciated.

Badge +20

Just go into your Spotify account and you can cancel, it will then expire. I do this quite regularly as I swap streaming services and pay via a debit card but never had any issues,

Badge +20

One thing to double check is your Sonos account online at Sonos.com, your country location should be set correctly but worthwhile selecting it again from the drop down list. Then try removing and adding Spotify again.