Answered

issues with Sonos app

• 9 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I bought a play 1, some years ago, which has been working OK over the period. I recently decided to replace  my old LG smart speaker with a new, sonos one. Which I now regret.

Since my purchase, I spend most of my time with the app, trying to find the speakers, sometimes unsuccessfully. Constantly  going through the same rigmarole I sometimes actually  give up.

My account on the app,  email and system, is often one day greyed out and I cannot access anything. But the next it's  highlighted and functioning. Voice control, both Alexa and Google, are sporadic in their response. So given up, even with simple requests.

Yet strangley, Spotify find the speakers no problem. So I can at least use that. 

I'm at a loss, other than accept, I've  made a mistake.

Anyone else?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 9 March 2023, 15:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I suspect that this is a local network issue.  Please see my post: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

Thanks for giving me your advice. I'm not very techy, but I'll take some time to go through things as advised. Then, I shall drink red wine, I may also drink before.

Thank you 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks for giving me your advice. I'm not very techy, but I'll take some time to go through things as advised. Then, I shall drink red wine, I may also drink before.

Thank you 👍

A little, before; and more, after 😜🍷