Answered

Issues with Sonos and YouTube music

• 10 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 7 replies

Hi All

Backstory once a very happy google play member with my own music playlists and selections uploaded to Google. Where Sonos and Google play and my Sony Bravia were all compatible happy days…

Then we were forced to migrate into YouTube music which was as bad as could be expected and wouldn't playback through the Bravia or even see any of my music.

So it finally looks like they have fixed that so we are halfway back to where we were last year…

So the Sonos app doesn't want to play my albums or playlists anyone out there use the Sonos App and YTM (I could do with some pointers on the commands to play the Music you have uploaded in to YouTube cloud..)

Any thoughts.

Cheers

Paul

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 March 2021, 12:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @PK101, thanks for raising this with the Sonos Community!

You should be able to find your YouTube Music playlists by going to Browse > YouTube Music > Library > Playlists, while your uploaded songs should be available via Browse > YouTube Music > Library > Songs > Uploads.

Are you able to see any of your uploaded music there, or is it empty? What happens when you try to play your uploaded music?

Badge +1

hi there

It was always there on the Sonos App and via PC. However the YTM Android app on my Sony Bravia (until yesterday) was always empty It would show playlists but not their contents or any of my uploaded music !!

Trying to get the Google voice commands to have it play one of my playlists.

For example i say 

“Hey Google” Play Pauls Shower playlist 

Google actually plays Singing in the rain or something like that !! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @PK101 

I’m afraid we can’t help you with your TV’s YouTube Music app - I suggest getting in touch with Sony or YouTube (Google).

Can you play on your Sonos speaker via the Sonos app? If so, but you can’t get Google Assistant to play the same thing (on Sonos), I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.