Answered

Issue with my Spotify family account on Sonos. Music stops

• 4 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi Sonos community,

I have a Spotify Family account. I’ve added our spotify accounts (2) into the Sonos app by using the tutorial here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2757?language=en_US

• My wife listens to music in the living room via Sonos Port and her spotify account (through Sonos app). 
  • I want to listen to music on my laptop directly using the Spotify app (on my spotify account of course)

Impossible. Music stops on one side everytime one of us try to play her/his music.

Any idea?

Bests,

Mathieu

icon

Best answer by John B 4 December 2020, 14:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Are you absolutely sure that your wife is using her account? She will be able to access both accounts through Sonos.  Just a first thing to be absolutely sure about.

What happens if you both play Spotify from the Sonos app using your respective accounts?

Hi John,

Thanks for your ultra fast answer. Appreciate it.

1. Yes 100% sure she’s on her spotify account when using Sonos on her phone.
  1. Not sure to understand. Do you want me to try playing my spotify for example on the Sonos Port, and at the same time she plays her spotify on the Sonos SL? Both through sonos mobile app. If this is the case, yes it’s working.

Ok I think I’ve found the problem. When listening Spotify on another device, make sure to disconnect the spotify account on the sonos app by unticking the rooms.

Glad it's working for you. I guess that Spotify regarded your account as still being used. Well done for resolving it.