Answered

Is there a way to sort Apple Playlists and folders?

• 3 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I have many playlists created in Apple Music.  They are comprised of songs I own and songs through Apple Music streaming service.  The way that the Apple Music app sorts playlists is alphabetically with a priority (listed at the top of the list) to folders made up of multiple play lists.  To me this is the way I prefer my playlists sorted with folders first.  However, in the Sonos app (iOS and Windows desktop) there isn’t way that I can find to change how playlists are displayed.  They appear to be in alphabetical order with the priority to individual playlists first then at the bottom comes the playlist folders.  Am I wrong and is there a way to change how these are sorted?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 3 January 2024, 15:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jrobe1111, welcome to the Sonos Community!

There isn’t a way to change how playlists, albums, songs, etc are listed through music services in the Sonos app. Music service integration and features they include are managed by the music service, so I would suggest you reach out to Apple and request this feature with them.

I can also mark this thread as a feature request on our end, though I can’t say how helpful this would be on our end, it’s definitely worth raising this with Apple.