Skip to main content
Question

Is there a way to rollback ios app to previous version ?

Is there a way I can rollback the new sonos ios app that I accidentally upgraded to on my iphone/ipad ?

I would like to go back to the earlier version until all the bugs/glitches etc are fully resolved on the new app released in last few days.

10 replies

Userlevel 1

The new app is a complete joke hopefully we can roll back

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Nope. 

Install Sonopad or Sonophone. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks !

Thank you SonoPhone works like a dream

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Yes. Do a Google search on ‘GitHub iTunes Charles’. You’ll need a windows computer and older iTunes. That page contains the needed links to download. Follow the easy instructions and screenshots. 

I had to go back to 16.1 due to the missing features and general instability. While the 80.00.04 wasn’t great at all, the good thing about it was that I learned new things as I wasn’t aware it’s possible to rollback to an earlier app version in iOS (at least in certain situations such as this). 

if you don’t have Alexa-enabled devices but have Sonos voice devices, and like to ask for weather then enable the Location for weather in voice settings in the new app before downgrading. It continues to work after downgrading to 16.1. Not a huge feature (since I have Alexa, too) but that was one useful feature the new app brought. 

I use Qobuz for streaming and mostly listen to playlists I’ve created. This worked in the previous S2 app. But it’s now impossible to access user-created Qobuz playlists. You either fully support a streaming service, or you don’t. I also want the old app back, until Sonos sorts out this and other problems with the new one. I NEVER would have updated had I understood that I would lose the ability to access my playlists

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/

After a week of no music My Favorite station is now playing using the old S2 version downloaded from this site. Please pass this around it works!

Nope. 

Install Sonopad or Sonophone. 

Great, Sonopad worked like charm

Sonos should’ve allow ios version rollback, let customers go back to enjoy their sonos and music.  Sonos can work on your newer app quietly, and this time, make sure you get it to work before you release it.

Please let’s us rollback. This new version is awful !

Is there a way I can rollback the new sonos ios app that I accidentally upgraded to on my iphone/ipad ?

I would like to go back to the earlier version until all the bugs/glitches etc are fully resolved on the new app released in last few days.

SONOPHONE APP

$5

5 minutes

500 playlists restored from Sonos Neverneverland.

Oh, and it works: first time, every time.

Farewell Sonos non-responsive corporate people

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!