Answered

Is there a way to play NTS shows/stations that aren't among the few defaults?

• 19 July 2023
  • 6 replies

I’m running S2, and can’t for the life of me figure out how to play anything from NTS besides the default channels, which are the 2 live channels and 10 or so pre-selected. 

Is there any way to play selected shows? Even when I run a normal search it will compile results from everything other service - i.e. Spotify, Soundcloud, etc - but none from NTS.

Honestly, playing to my Sonos directly from NTS would be even better, just like Spotify, as really can’t stand the Sonos app interface.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 July 2023, 04:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Not sure if this may help you🤔? - If you do know the URL of the radio station that you wish to add to Sonos, then this support document explains how to use TuneIn to add those in the App. See this link: https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-an-internet-radio-station-to-sonos

Not sure what NTS is, but many streaming companies will allow you to stream their ‘live/radio’ content, while not providing podcast/recorded shows to the Sonos user. 

You may want to contact this NTS company directly for more guidance. 

Not sure if this may help you🤔? - If you do know the URL of the radio station that you wish to add to Sonos, then this support document explains how to use TuneIn to add those in the App. See this link: https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-an-internet-radio-station-to-sonos

@Ken_Griffiths thanks for the tip. I’ve added TuneIn and tried to add a station, but the article seems to be out of date - it references a My Radio Stations tab but in neither my Android nor MacOS apps is there any such tab. Maybe it was written for the old TuneIn service?

Any tips?

@Ken_Griffiths thanks for the tip. I’ve added TuneIn and tried to add a station, but the article seems to be out of date - it references a My Radio Stations tab but in neither my Android nor MacOS apps is there any such tab. Maybe it was written for the old TuneIn service?

Any tips?

Yes, I ‘think’ it’s the old TuneIn service - it needs one radio station to be added to ‘my radio stations’ too and then the feature shows up from the ‘…’ menu option.

@Ken_Griffiths Yea I thought so. I tried to open an account with old TuneIn but it’s not possible due to being out of date. 

It’s pretty strange that the new version doesn’t even have an option for custom stations, only the ones recommended for everyone. Garth Brooks takes up the entire first page 😅

@Ken_Griffiths Yea I thought so. I tried to open an account with old TuneIn but it’s not possible due to being out of date. 

It’s pretty strange that the new version doesn’t even have an option for custom stations, only the ones recommended for everyone. Garth Brooks takes up the entire first page 😅

I read somewhere, that this ‘adding of stations via URL’ is actually a Sonos development and nothing to do with TuneIn, but just made available via that old TuneIn interface, so perhaps Sonos will move the feature to another part of the App, like Sonos Radio, for example.

I guess you’re stuck if you don’t have an old TuneIn account - I wasn’t sure if the login credentials were the same as the new TuneIn service, but obviously not.🤷‍♂️