Skip to main content
Answered

Is it possible to roll back to the old version of the app while the new app is fixed?

• 15 May 2024
  • 7 replies

I won’t bother re-hashing all of the issues that have already been addressed in all of these various threads. My only question is, can we rollback to the old app while we wait on whatever unforeseen update(s) to come along and fix the myriad of problems with the new app?

The new app is kind of unusable. lol, its like sonos wanted to test the patience of its user base by taking away a bunch of functions while claiming everything would remain, but be better. 😅😅

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I rolled back to the 16.1 (I think that was the version prior to the disaster that is the current version) Monday. Today, SONOS forced an upgrade to the latest version; I didn’t have a choice if I wanted to use my ROAM. So, I’m now on the faulty, buggy, and ugly new version. I suppose I could try to uninstall the new version and reapply 16.1, but I bet it wouldn’t last, and SONOS would force an upgrade. It’s a pity: decent product, absolutely crappy software and support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I have never updated the app from day 1 auto updates are off on the App Store and the Sonos auto update is off as well 

they are not updating my system ever again everything is working properly on my system and will stay that way 👍

Userlevel 3
Badge

I want to post a sincere thank you to those that took the time to post instructions how to install the S2 app back on Android.  I did so last night was so happy to have it find my system right away as well as my library, cover art and most importantly my playlists.  So disappointed in Sonos. All they have done is pat themselves on the back for launching this amazing new app that is clearly an epic fail and offered no explanation as to why they would release it with so many flaws. Now they have promised to fix it in the future. Conversely the support from other users here is much appreciated. 

Where can I find the instructions for going back to S2 Android? Earlier commenter said someone had figured it out! And THANK YOU!! 

I can’t deal with this update either it doesn’t work!

Badge

The features missing are a bit of a pain, but I can live with that while these get developed out. It was the bugs I just couldn't deal with!! I've never experienced a major tech company that relies so much on it's app to release one with so many bugs! It's truly unacceptable. What were they thinking? I kept losing connection all the time, the speakers were missing and continuously shutting down/restarting app. Thankfully because I'm on Android, I managed to rollback to prior stable version. Sonos better sort this out

Userlevel 2

I still have zero on my app screen. Nothing but your system isn’t recognized. @sonos I hope you’re listening - I’m sitting on over $300k in Sonos speakers, amps, and 3rd party speakers.

This has been pretty devastating. Get your act together Sonos.