Skip to main content

Is it a new app problem that wont let me add a Beam.

• 20 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Long story short, trying to add another Beam to my existing system. Tried wired, wireless, factory reset etc etc. 

Fails every time at different stages. Managed to get through to support chat after a while and half way through ended up closing the page by mistake 😭

It is a gen 1 beam but already have 2 added previously without any issues. 

Just wondering if it’s an app issue or a beam issue. 

thanks

David 

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Long story short, trying to add another Beam to my existing system. Tried wired, wireless, factory reset etc etc. 

Fails every time at different stages. Managed to get through to support chat after a while and half way through ended up closing the page by mistake 😭

It is a gen 1 beam but already have 2 added previously without any issues. 

Just wondering if it’s an app issue or a beam issue. 

thanks

David 

Have you tried signing out of the app, then signing in again to see if it would recognize the new Beam?

Seen users found success doing that recently

Badge +1

Ahhh. Thought you’d cracked it, but unfortunately not. Signed out reset beam. Signed in, wired no, wireless no. It does actually see the beam with its mac code and I get the chime when trying wirelessly but it fails on the finalising part. 

thanks anyways. 

David 

Badge +1

The latest app version 80.01.10 now lets me install it to a degree. Then it needs an update to complete installation and fails again. Tried unplugging etc. Guess I need to wait for the next update to complete this install. At least it works on the TV kind of 

Badge +1

So they non update / register thing is a known issue that they are working on. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi,

I've managed to do the update part  with the Sonos app on Windows or Mac (the one you have to install). 

It still doesn't work with a phone or tablet app

Hope this works for you 

Cheers

Badge +1

Hi,

I've managed to do the update part  with the Sonos app on Windows or Mac (the one you have to install). 

It still doesn't work with a phone or tablet app

Hope this works for you 

Cheers

Did the update and still failed so eventually decided on a factory reset, a little bit of jiggling and eventually it got added. Having a little issue with the hdmi / eArc setting not wanting to setup properly (it seems to be working fine) but suspect its a TV issue rather than the app / beam issue. 

many thanks