Answered

Is ipad 9th gen supported for trueplay tuning?

I trying to use Trueplay for my arc+sub3+ones setup and am consistently getting noice error even thought there is pin drop silence. I tried with older generation (5th,6th and 7th) ipads and it worked fine. Please help me fixing issue

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 24 March 2024, 21:16

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Sathees,

While the latest 10th generation iPad is currently unsupported, there’s nothing on our support article for Trueplay compatible devices that say the a 9th gen iPad is unsupported, so it’s likely something else that is preventing you from finishing Trueplay. 

I’d recommend making sure your iPadOS and the Sonos app are both fully up to date. If both are on the latest version, then try following the steps listed in our support article for Errors during Trueplay tuning.

If you’ve followed the steps listed in the article above, and are still having issues finishing TruePlay, then I’d recommend reaching out to our support team for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Badge +20

Just to confirm, I have a 9th Gen iPad and Trueplay works. I do however take it out of the case otherwise it complains about noise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Sathees 

Sometimes trueplay works well again after restarting all devices including the one with the Sonos app. 

Thank you all! I will try and update if it helps

@Belly M 

Have you tried after upgrading ipad 9th gen to latest IOS version 17 .4 ? Support team suggests me to use older version

Badge +20

@Belly M

Have you tried after upgrading ipad 9th gen to latest IOS version 17 .4 ? Support team suggests me to use older version

Just tested it again,  iOS 17.4 and works without issue

@Belly M 

Thanks for running it again for me!

Bad luck not sure what to do, may be it is an issue with my device 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did you try cleaning the mike port? Crud in there can be an issue.

@Stanley_4 

Yes, the device is new and indeed the port is clean. I made a weird observation today. Tried resetting the system and performing truplay. It works fine when the surrounds are not connected, but gives noice error when surrounds connected. Not sure why

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Time to submit a couple diagnostics, one with and one without the surrounds and contact Sonos Support (call them) with the numbers and see if they can see the issue.

https://support.sonos.com/contact