Skip to main content

Iphone App not showing folders of Music Library.

Seems the recent update on my iPhone Sonos App killed the link for the music library viewing. As if you go to the link for my music folders that are currently linked, but when you click the link for music library, it goes to a new page with a new search function for several different music sources and music library. Not the actual library folders. Is this a recent new update. As you can’t actually view the individual folders. I can view them on my iPad, they show correctly and play as intended. Also, searching for music gives limited results. 

10 replies

Badge

I’m having the exact same problem.  What’s up with that?  I can’t get to all my playlists in my music folder now, how frustrating.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

You cannot select the Folders Tab as the Search function covers the tab and that is what you get - Search.

Not a problem on Android as there is space between Folders and Search.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

The folders link is displayed in the app, yes, it’s partly hidden by the search bar but it’s there. Seems I have too fat of fingers, as the search bar is too big. You have to be very careful hitting it. The folders are listed. They need to move up all the different folders under Music Library, as the Folders is at the bottom and can’t be clicked very easily. As my fingers are hitting the search bar every time.  

I hope one of the moderators relays the Music Folders needs to have all of the links moved up slightly as it’s really not easy to hit the folder link without not accidently hitting the search function. 

Userlevel 1

How do you even see the music library from the IOS app?  Not problem with the Windows and Mac Desktop apps, but nothing on the IOS app.  What am I missing?

OK, never mind. It seems that Sonos decided to delete the pathname to my music library with is on my Synology NAS. I have re-added it and will see if it disappears sometime in the future again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

It’s hidden at first, if you scroll up slightly on that page it’s showing at the bottom. That’s where I had trouble, as my fingers kept hitting the search bar. Not sure why they didn't make search another link. As it takes you to another page for the search function anyway. 

Userlevel 1

I did find it in the IOS app after re-adding it using the desktop app.  There is another thread about the music library disappearing and needing to be re-added, again and again. Sonos acknowledges this and does not have a solution.  This is yet another problem with the recent firmware update. One has to wonder how much testing is done as this firmware also messes up compilation albums in the music library.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

It’s also interesting that the solution they posted was a solution that a poster here figured out. You still get the dreaded Error 913 when you try and add music folders to the music library. You had to add them by NAS link. Not the search function. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I think they created all the issues when removing SBM1 security restrictions and now requiring SBM 2 or 3. Which under Mac is only one option, enable SBM. There is no levels to pick. Sonos must be looking for a certain levels, which maybe not listed. I am not sure what Windows has for options, it might be the same. Most of the current operating systems support SBM2. Sonos made a mess of the new update, there was no way it was ready for primetime. It was bust. 

Userlevel 1

They should roll back to the previous firmware until they can fix this mess.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

The folders link is displayed in the app, yes, it’s partly hidden by the search bar but it’s there. Seems I have too fat of fingers, as the search bar is too big. You have to be very careful hitting it. The folders are listed. They need to move up all the different folders under Music Library, as the Folders is at the bottom and can’t be clicked very easily. As my fingers are hitting the search bar every time.  

I hope one of the moderators relays the Music Folders needs to have all of the links moved up slightly as it’s really not easy to hit the folder link without not accidently hitting the search function. 

Oh wow - yep - covered up.  I cannot “sneak” around it - and my fingers are not that fat.  Another fine update. 🙄