Answered

iOS S1 app is prompting me to open S2 so I can't access my S1 device

• 30 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I upgraded most of my household to S2 devices back in Feb 2023.  I kept one S1 zone player active for my garage that I controlled using the S1 mobile app on my iPhone. This worked fine for months, but in the past week, the S1 mobile app prompts me to Use the Sonos S2 app, and I’m not clear what changed or what I need to do.

Did the S2 software change now support control over S1 devices?  I think I might need to factory reset my S1 device, but not sure.  Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by Bertje 31 May 2023, 01:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Please don’t factory reset anything.

What I would do, however, is submit a system diagnostic from both OS ( S1 and S2) controllers, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks, Bruce.  I ended up chatting with Support. The agent had me reinstall the iOS S1 App.  I did that and chose the option to connect to an existing system. Then I pressed volume up and mute simultaneously on my old Connect device to reconnect it. That seemed to do the trick.