Skip to main content
Question

IOS app issue

• 9 June 2024
  • 6 replies

How do I remove the recently played area from my IOS app Home Screen?  Every time in click on one of the icons I get an error message along the top of my screen that something went wrong. I seem to be getting that a lot. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @John Guarr 

Thanks for your post!

There does seem to be some issues with Recently Played entries at the moment, which we are working on to resolve.

In the meantime, you can disable the Recently Played section of the app by going to User icon » App Preferences » Use Personalisation Services and disable it.

Alternatively, you can just move the Recently Played section down to the bottom of the Home Screen by tapping Edit Home at the bottom of the screen, then by dragging the three lines to the right of Recently Played down.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @John Guarr 

Thanks for your post!

There does seem to be some issues with Recently Played entries at the moment, which we are working on to resolve.

In the meantime, you can disable the Recently Played section of the app by going to User icon » App Preferences » Use Personalisation Services and disable it.

Alternatively, you can just move the Recently Played section down to the bottom of the Home Screen by tapping Edit Home at the bottom of the screen, then by dragging the three lines to the right of Recently Played down.

I hope this helps.

Okay, thank you Corry I will give that a try. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

How do I remove the recently played area from my IOS app Home Screen?  Every time in click on one of the icons I get an error message along the top of my screen that something went wrong. I seem to be getting that a lot. 

I did as you suggested. I moved it to the bottom, since it wouldn’t let me delete it. I’m sure you will eventually allow to delete from the Home Screen. Thxk again. John

Badge

Hello @Corry P,

I have this same issue where I cannot hide the recently played section on the Home Screen.  Clicking the hide button has no effect.  If I click on the edit button, there is no option to move the recently played section.  I’m wondering if that is because I have the settings turned off in privacy?

Do you know a time frame for when this will be fixed?

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey @kwjohn1969,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I had a look in my Sonos app and it seemed to work as intended (so far):

With the personalisation turned off, Recently Played is empty, prompting for personalisation to be turned on and showing the “Hide” button. Hitting the button, hiding this section.

With the personalisation turned on, Recently Played could only be moved about on the Home screen after using the “Edit Home”, dragging along the 3 horizontal lines.

What mobile device are you using?

Have you tried restting the app or reinstalling it?

Badge

Hey @kwjohn1969,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I had a look in my Sonos app and it seemed to work as intended (so far):

With the personalisation turned off, Recently Played is empty, prompting for personalisation to be turned on and showing the “Hide” button. Hitting the button, hiding this section.

With the personalisation turned on, Recently Played could only be moved about on the Home screen after using the “Edit Home”, dragging along the 3 horizontal lines.

What mobile device are you using?

Have you tried restting the app or reinstalling it?

Thanks @Gabriel Z!  Uninstalling the app and reinstalling it worked!  I was having the issue on both my iPhone and iPad, but that fixed it on both devices.