Skip to main content
Question

IOS App, browse album by artist

• 1 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I would like to see ALL ALBUMS ONLY for a particular artist, and after playing one, easily return to the list. I’m quite surprised I can’t figure this out.  Instead, I see a mix of singles and albums, and the list isn't as extensive as what I find in APPLE MUSIC library when going through that directly. Is this a missing feature? I used to browse in this manner with the previous app version.  Second minor point, I seem to get a conflated list when multiple artists have the same name (John Williams), but Apple Music itself will show multiple artists, and can drill down to their respective lists (by song or album).  I’m going to be real embarrassed if this is just a click I didn’t find...

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hugh-Has-A-Question 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I would like to see ALL ALBUMS ONLY for a particular artist, and after playing one, easily return to the list. I’m quite surprised I can’t figure this out.  Instead, I see a mix of singles and albums, and the list isn't as extensive as what I find in APPLE MUSIC library when going through that directly. Is this a missing feature? I used to browse in this manner with the previous app version.  Second minor point, I seem to get a conflated list when multiple artists have the same name (John Williams), but Apple Music itself will show multiple artists, and can drill down to their respective lists (by song or album).  I’m going to be real embarrassed if this is just a click I didn’t find...

If you search Artist in the Sonos Apple Music Service - Your Library, you should see search results for artist at top, click ‘View All’, then click the artist you want, you should see all albums. Seems to work as expected.

If you search Artist in the Sonos Apple Music Service - Your Library, then scroll down, you probably wont see all Albums. Not working as expected.

Alternative (better?) option is to use the native Apple Music App, and AirPlay to Sonos. This way you can maintain playlists and history etc in Apple Music, so you can play when you don’t have a Sonos speaker available, eg in car etc.

Userlevel 1

How to see only albums, preferred in chronological order?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

How to see only albums, preferred in chronological order?

Click three dots ‘...’ at top, then sort by year.