Skip to main content

iOS 17.4.1 cannot get passed "allow access to local network" in Sonos app ver 80.00.04

When selecting the button “Join an existing system” I am unable to advance passed the following message:

“Sonos needs local network access for setup. In iOS settings, tap Local Network, then return to the Sonos app.”  

I have granted access to Local Network, Bluetooth, and Location.  I have deleted the Sonos app from my iPhone 14 Pro MAX, restarted my WIFI router and reinstalled the Sonos iOS app, and I have shutdown and restarted my iPhone 14 Pro MAX.  No Luck :(

On my iPhone 14 Pro MAX the following Sonos System Settings section of the Sonos App reads:

Nearby System: “Sonos system found on my {SSID} nework”  and the “Join this system” button is available.  When pressing this button the above message:

“Sonos needs local network access for setup. In iOS settings, tap Local Network, then return to the Sonos app.”   appears and I back in the same situation as pressing the “Join an existing system”

Please let me know if I am doing something incorrect or if I need to do additional steps.

Regards

29 replies

Same issues using an iPhone 14 Pro. Went through all of the same steps as well and was just now able to get the Sonos app to Sonos system on my WiFi. However, after doing a factory reset on my sub gen 3 earlier, I am still not able to set it up due to not getting past the prompt to give the Sonos app access to my local network, even though it has access. 

Badge

I had same issues with the “local network” loop until I:

1. removed Sonos
  2. updated my iPhone 14 Pro Max to iOS 17.5
  3. installed the latest Sonos 80.00.04 and signed in
  4. restarted my iPhone
  5. used the Sonos app to recognize and play music on my older Play:3 speakers, IKEA bookshelf speakers, and a newer Sonos Beam speakers using the Spotify icon within Sonos
  6. opened the Spotify app which then recognized system, but only after step 5

From what I can tell, things are better than the being stuck in the loop; that said, the Sonos app leaves a lot to be desired. The older app worked better so I don’t see this as an improvement just yet 😑

5/18/24 

I’ve tried everything via mobile device (iPhone 14 Pro w/ the new update on the app)

Nothing worked. Fortunately I only removed my sub as I turned power off to the circuit it was on and it wouldn’t reconnect to my system. However upon attempting to reconnect, I got this same prompt.

As a Sonos believer, this was my first experience with an issue they have had with connectivity and I would be PISSED OFF if this was my first experience with the product. I actually would be furious and enraged I just spent $2k on 4 speakers and they didn’t work.

The iPad solution worked, however SONOS you need to get your act together and quick as it seems this has been going on for 3 weeks now.

For those with an iPad, you’re in luck… for those who don’t I feel sorry for you and feel like SONOS should compensate for the time, headache and BS they put you through…

I am new owner of SONOS One speaker, and I am very PISSED OFF. I can’t use it. I have only iPhone 13 iOS 17.5. Dont have iPad. IT DOES NOT WORK!!!. I gave an app priviledges to use my local network and it still tells me I did not. Unable to setup new device.

SONOS app. ver. 80.00.08