Answered

Install speakers after sonos app needed reloading

• 21 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I was happily using Spotify to Airplay to my speakers and then I wanted to use YouTube, which would have been fine except that I was not trying the correct way, thought I might need to use the Sonos App and found that it had been paged out on my ios system and as a result lost all my options setting etc. Also when I want to add my speakers back it goes though and then asks me for password, where do I find the password?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 February 2024, 10:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @KeithSloan 

Thanks for your post!

I’m sorry to hear of your troubles, and am happy to help, but:

might need to use the Sonos App and found that it had been paged out on my ios system

I’m really not sure what you mean by this.

and as a result lost all my options setting etc.

And this should not happen - the speakers keep all the settings, and the app is really just a window into what the speakers say. The only way of losing settings is by factory resetting your speakers.

Regardless, I can see that your speaker is offline, so let’s see what we can do to fix things.

Please note, however, that if your speaker has been reset, the settings, favourites and any Sonos playlists will have been permanently erased. This is just one reason why recommend that you do not reset your Sonos products.

Also when I want to add my speakers back it goes though and then asks me for password, where do I find the password?

That depends upon which stage of setup you are at. If you are trying to log in to your Sonos account, but do not remember the password, you may be able to find it in Chrome (or whichever browser you use), as you will have used the same password to log into the community here. In Chrome, you would go to the 3-dot menu at the top right, then Passwords and autofill » Google Password Manager and look for the account details under Sonos. If this does not help, please go to https://www.sonos.com/login/passwordreset/ to reset your password.

If, however, you are at the WiFi credential setup stage, you will find your WiFi password written on a sticker on your router, unless you have changed it.

If your speaker is currently flashing orange, please remove power for a moment - if the speaker has been reset, it will flash white, then change to flashing green and it is ready to be setup. If it does not go to flashing green, do not reset the speaker - instead, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. We want to avoid resetting the speaker if at all possible, and some real-time troubleshooting is the best way to do that.

I hope this helps - if you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Have reset my sonos password but when I try it says cannot find speaker and offers to fix. Choose the have not changed network option and it then fails to find it. Try again but with the network has changed, gets so far and it offers me my printers network as the network for the speaker. Take the change network option but it does not list the network. Sonos is in our conservatory which has a Tendy wifi powerline extender, these unfortunatly don’t offer a secure network i.e. one that requires a password, could that be the reason the network is not offered? I have had things working in the past but cannot remember the details.

The phone I am using to drive the sonos app is on the same network that appears not to be found.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @KeithSloan 

Powerline extenders may work with Sonos, but it can be a bit hit-and-miss - as a result, they are not officially supported. I recommend trying things with the extender turned off and the speaker located somewhere that the main WiFi can be picked up, and working from there.

If the Powerline must be used, it should help to ensure that the device running the Sonos app is also connected to the same extender. Rebooting the extender (and the device it connects to on the other end of the Powerline link) may also help.

I do, however, recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - please be aware, however, that as Powerline is not supported, they are unlikely to assist with this. They will be happy to assist once the Powerline has been removed, however.

I hope this helps.