Answered

Impossible to output audio from iOS to sonos products?

• 7 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I feel if it was possible I would have found it somewhere. Just making sure nobody is sitting on a secret trick. 
Not looking for the airplay output option in top right control center. That only works with apps specifically designed to use airplay audio. 

Thank you.  

icon

Best answer by jgatie 8 May 2023, 00:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Only to the Sonos which support Bluetooth, which are the Move, Roam, and Era series.  In addition, the Roam and Eras can group with other Sonos speakers to play Bluetooth audio to the group.

One small caveat, when set up as ‘surround speakers’, the Bluetooth input is turned off. For the speakers listed by @jgatie , only the Era speakers can be put in that kind of position. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What are you using that cannot use Airplay?

What are you using that cannot use Airplay?

Almost everything. Does any games support AirPlay?  TikTok? I might be confused but almost the only apps with airplay support are music apps and video apps. Video I would not watch on an iPad but stream to the 75”. Music apps are much better built in to Sonos and Sonos app.