Question

ikea sonos symfonisk bookshelf speaker won't register after update

After the most recent sonos update, I cannot add symfonisk bookshelf speakers to the app.

I have tried: 
reseting device
transferring ownership to same account 

Any other ideas?? @sonos any rep can comment on this?

28 replies

There are a lot of have people having this issue. Common denominator is the new app. 
Which app are you using?

yes the new app :/ is there anyway to get a Sonos rep on these boards?? 

Same probleme here. 😞

Anyone heard of any official acknowledgement from SONOS on this? 

Same issue here, so frustrating. Glad to know it’s not just me.

I join to your problem. bought 2 second-hand SYMFONISK bookshelf Gen2. Sonos app recognized and updated them, but register is keep failing, so at this moment they are not connected. 

tried reboot speakers, phone, WiFi router- problem remains.

Appreciate any other advice or lead,

Dvir

Badge

might get fixed in a small update in a few days might get only fixed in a larger update in weeks, who knows...

@Sonos Support ?? CAN YOU HELP US OR UPDATE ????

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

According to the Installer group, the official recommendation is to log out of the app, then log back in, then add your device.

There is an new update for IOS  that solves the problem

Thanks was not aware, when did the update come through?

Badge

new update solves nothing, still can’t connect my Ones as Surrounds.

Either do I.

Sonos app is now not loading, says it need update which continuously fails. now I lost all control on my sonos system through my IPhone. tried to reinstall and log out/ in did not solve anything.

so frustrating 😥 what happened to Sonos??? 

oh no dear lord, i will update tomorrow and report back on how it goes

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I had the same issue with Symonisk. 
I read elsewhere in the forums, to go into settings(cog) then into ‘manage’.  Take ‘transfer system ownership’ and move it to yourself. That registered everything 

post most recent update, STILL having the same issues aarghh!!!!

Today I spent 4 hours trying to get that Symfonisk bookshelf speaker added to my system. Tried my iPhone, tried the iPad reset both and re loaded the app. Reset the speaker and reset the modem and even went out and got an Ethernet cable!!!! Why won’t the speaker register? It’s brand new???? I have two move 2’s I got last week abs a sound bar too. Both those connected fine. I finally just gave up. Will do another apple update tonight. And also turned off everything from the wifi! Aggravating beyond belief 

@Rjfalski I feel your pain, cant get my symfonisk bookshelves to connect!!! i have tried all recommendations i could get my hands on! Would be great is Sonos at least acknowledged the issue.

One thing I am going to try is taking that speaker by itself and going over to a buddy’s house, log on to a completely different network and see if it will at least connect and “register” if that works, I’ll post the results… but c’mon seriously??? Why is it being so difficult???? It should NOT be this difficult to do, nor should anyone have to go to these lengths to connect something like this to a wifi/bluetooth network🤷‍♂️

One thing I am going to try is taking that speaker by itself and going over to a buddy’s house, log on to a completely different network and see if it will at least connect and “register” if that works, I’ll post the results… but c’mon seriously??? Why is it being so difficult???? It should NOT be this difficult to do, nor should anyone have to go to these lengths to connect something like this to a wifi/bluetooth network🤷‍♂️

It’s the new app. They released it before bugs like this were fixed because they have headphones to sell. Complete disdain to current customers. 

I am facing no end of issues since the new - useless - app has been released.

My three Symfonisk speakers are not able to be used, and are bricks as far as I am concerned. 

So glad that I have not yet bought the other planned SONOS gear - This company will miss out on my planned audio expansion - time to look for alternatives! 

My three Symfonisk speakers are not able to be used, and are bricks as far as I am concerned. 

So glad that I have not yet bought the other planned SONOS gear - This company will miss out on my planned audio expansion - time to look for alternatives! 

Kulz, I can tell you first hand I was beyond frustrated with all of it in the beginning. Without doing any research in the beginning (my fault I know)  I purchased 2 Move two speakers thinking I could wifi them to a TLC TV. Nope! Wouldn’t work. I purchased the IKEA bookshelf as a work around to try and circumvent the system to use with the sub that I had yet to purchase.

Long story short, I ended up buying the Beam for the Tv, which is amazing, the big Sub and 2 Era surround speakers. They all work with the app and with the TV do an amazing surround sound. 

While listening to music via Sirius XM airplay on my iPad and along with the Sonos app, I can group ALL THE SPEAKERS TOGETHER! Yes everything including the move Two that won’t link directly to the sub but wil group to it via the beam! The sound is absolutely the cleanest sound I’ve ever had!. I had the Bose 5.1 with a receiver and I will tell you this is soooooooo much simpler ONCE you get through the frustration of hooking it all up.

Ditch the ikea speaker like I did, and get the right stuff and spare yourself the aggravation. No matter what I tried I couldn’t get the ikea speaker to work at all. I totally understand the frustration and agree it shouldn’t be that difficult. But it is what it is. I’m not a techy either. But once I got all the Sonos speakers playing with each other, the stuff is a game changer!

Best of Luck, Robert!

Kulz, I can tell you first hand I was beyond frustrated with all of it in the beginning. Without doing any research in the beginning (my fault I know)  I purchased 2 Move two speakers thinking I could wifi them to a TLC TV. Nope! Wouldn’t work. I purchased the IKEA bookshelf as a work around to try and circumvent the system to use with the sub that I had yet to purchase.

Long story short, I ended up buying the Beam for the Tv, which is amazing, the big Sub and 2 Era surround speakers. They all work with the app and with the TV do an amazing surround sound. 

While listening to music via Sirius XM airplay on my iPad and along with the Sonos app, I can group ALL THE SPEAKERS TOGETHER! Yes everything including the move Two that won’t link directly to the sub but wil group to it via the beam! The sound is absolutely the cleanest sound I’ve ever had!. I had the Bose 5.1 with a receiver and I will tell you this is soooooooo much simpler ONCE you get through the frustration of hooking it all up.

Ditch the ikea speaker like I did, and get the right stuff and spare yourself the aggravation. No matter what I tried I couldn’t get the ikea speaker to work at all. I totally understand the frustration and agree it shouldn’t be that difficult. But it is what it is. I’m not a techy either. But once I got all the Sonos speakers playing with each other, the stuff is a game changer!

Best of Luck, Robert!

Robert, I am amazed that you have “ditched” the symfonisk speakers, and are suggesting that others do the same. 

unfortunately, it is not something I and many others can do or want to do. I work in the tech sector and I find it UNACCEPTABLE that SONOS has released an app which did not satisfy some of the basic use cases. 

This is disappointing and SONOS will not be receiving another cent of my hard earned money.

nor will I ever recommend their products to anyone. It has been almost a month since this untested app has been released and this was enough time for a reasonable tech company to sort out the issues.

unfortunately, you have lost me SONOS.  

Best of Luck, Robert!

Robert, I am amazed that you have “ditched” the symfonisk speakers, and are suggesting that others do the same. 

unfortunately, it is not something I and many others can do or want to do. I work in the tech sector and I find it UNACCEPTABLE that SONOS has released an app which did not satisfy some of the basic use cases. 

This is disappointing and SONOS will not be receiving another cent of my hard earned money.

nor will I ever recommend their products to anyone. It has been almost a month since this untested app has been released and this was enough time for a reasonable tech company to sort out the issues.

unfortunately, you have lost me SONOS.  

I understand your frustration and to be honest the only way I found the symfonisk speaker was by mistake trying to fix my initial problem. The IKEA speaker isn’t even listed on the Sonos website as a product. I’m not even sure if it’s supposed to be compatible🤷‍♂️ I too was about to burn all of it as I couldn’t believe how difficult it was to get it all to work. My point in answering was once I got all the like items working together and through the headache of doing so, the sound is amazing and the usability is seamless. However, getting there was a chore and I totally understand your point of view, concerns and reasons to boycott the product! I just kept at it and refused to give in to the frustrations. But that’s just me.:-)

No solutions yet ?