iHeart Radio not recognizing my location

• 24 September 2023
  • 5 replies

iHeart Radio app service in Sonos is not recognizing my location when playing radio broadcast of local sports game. It plays a continuous loop saying I am outside the broadcast area. I can play the same exact broadcast using the IHeart Radio app on my iPhone. All location services are ON for Sonos and IHeart Radio apps. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is the US set as your country of residence on your profile on the Sonos website?

Yes 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @BobbyBoy, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If your region is set correctly, try re-authorizing iHeartRadio in the Sonos app. You can do this by going to Settings → Services & Voice → iHeartRadio → Reauthorize Account. After doing that, check if you’re still getting the same issue as stated in your original post.

If that step doesn’t help, I would suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the necessary tools available to help you troubleshoot this issue.

I hope this helps!

Talked with support. They could not fix the issue. They suggested I just Airplay the stream from the IHeart Radio app to my Arc. 

I have the identical issue... is there a common Sonos solution? As opposed to the one to which the OP was told to resort. 

Note - odd username is a product of odd errors during registration attempts