Skip to main content

Hi community,

After updating to the new SONOS app, the IDAGIO streaming service doesn’t continue by itself between movements in symphonic music. If the symphony have, let’s say 4 movements, you need to go to switch between them manually.

Does anyone know what to do?

Yes, why I am here. Just updated on my ipad and it is terrible, as in - really terrible. Doesn’t continue from one movement to another in a symphony on Idagio, which completely destroys the listening experience. Cant move forward in a track, can’t skip to next. It is bad, am desperate to go back to the old app which of course I can’t. Won’t upgrade on my phone and use this until it is fixed. Not sure how a product can get it this wrong - as they say every product is user-tested, just some times it is user-tested in production.

big regrets at clicking yes to upgrade…

@Andrew Bell 

I agree with you, until now, this is a terrible update with an extremely clunky user UI. Hopefully, it will get better soon.

Until they fix this annoying issue, I’m streaming my classical music by using the IDAGIO app (obviously through SONOS). This way, the symphonies continue like before from one movement to another.

By the way: the IDAGIO app is far better since you can follow the music development from your locked screen (on iPhone by tapping on the screen). For some reason, this has never been possible with SONOS.

Hopefully, this will work for you.

Best

Yes, one can also search Idagio within the app - but connecting is clunky. But it looks like reverting to the native Idagio app is the only option at present :(

I’ve notified IDAGIO about the issue since it must in their interest to solve it. 

Dear Mr Spence

I would be grateful for your help in addressing an issue with the new app that has effectively made my IDAGIO subscription redundant and bricked my Sonos system.

It is now not possible to play an album. You can only select the music track by track. Your colleagues have agreed to add it as a “feature request”! It is not a feature request. Rather, it is a fundamental error in the new app. It has always worked in the past.

The only workaround offered is to add each track separately to the queue. Do you really think that it is reasonable to ask your customers to do that?

I would be grateful for your help in reinstating this function. After all, it can’t be rocket science.

@User102253 - my best advice is to use the IDAGIO app instead of the Sonos app. I don’t use Sonos anymore except when listening to a radio station.

For your information, IDAGIO is notified and have contacted Sonos. Their support also adviced me to play through the IDAGIO app instead of the Sonos.

Simply log into IDAGIO and connect your Sonos speaker(s) and forget about Sonos.

Check out the FAQ article here: https://support.idagio.com/en/articles/1835509-connecting-idagio-to-sonos?lid=y645ynmlglqf

Hartig - Thank you for your advice to use the Idagio App. I am aware that it is possible to do this, but it is not very practical. You have to juggle the two apps to get it to work by using the Idagio app to select the music and the Sonos app to select the speakers and volume. That’s hardly High Tech! 

Moreover, AirPlay cannot be used with 1st generation speakers and I understand that it does not support lossless streaming. We are paying Idagio for lossless streaming and Sonos for lossless speakers, but they can no longer talk to each other!

Some of us have made a very considerable investment in Sonos hardware and we deserve better than this from them. It used to work, so why can’t they fix it now.

Idagio’s customer support is excellent and they are very responsive. I suspect that they are equally as frustrated by Sonos’ poor performance as we are. Having failed to get a sensible response from their chat function, I tried to phone Sonos yesterday and was advised that there was a 75 min wait time! I am not surprised given the current dissatisfaction of their customer base.

Buck up, Sonos!!

@User102253 I’m sorry for all your troubles but it’s new to me that you can’t play lossless on 1st gen speakers. Quite strange. That’s the way everything goes with IT. It develops all the time and at a certain point, the equipment is too old. 

Let’s see what happens since we/you’re not the only ones struggling with this issue.

Hartig - Sorry, I have confused things!

You can play lossless on 1st gen speakers through WiFi, SonosNet or wired, but they are not compatible with AirPlay. They have to be connected through a speaker which does support AirPlay.

I understand that AirPlay is not capable of streaming lossless, so you can’t get lossless streaming on any speaker from the Idagio app.

I am struggling with this as well. IDAGIO through the Sonos app is unusable - I can only select to play a song, not albums (!!!). If I select an album, it takes me to a listing of songs - without a “play album” option. So I select a song, which it plays as if it were an album (plays that one song and that’s it). Sounds like this is what others are seeing.

I contacted IDAGIO, who directed me to Sonos. They also recommended using the IDAGIO app instead but, like someone mentioned, on Android you cannot control the volume using that app. To this issue, IDAGIO did say:

“On Android, you would have to control the volume using the Sonos app, or via the speaker itself. We will add the missing functionality accordingly.”

Anyway - a bummer.

@zeegee thanks for the useful info.

I bought Sonos5 to play Idagio. The software update appears to affect Idagio and a # of other functions. If someone knows a class action lawyer they should be consulted