Skip to main content

I've rolled back to version 16.1

The new app is an unmitigated disaster. I think on that everyone seems to be agreeing.

I’ve now rolled back to the previous version on my Android phone. Its a bit of a fiddle but can be done. Its definitely worth doing. It suggest others who are frustrated with the new version do the same.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

84 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

You also need to turn off auto update for the Sonos app in the Google Play store

Genius. Sonos need to give this man a job.  He could be the head of the "Think before you act like a prat" department. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Unable to Save Playlists on 16.1 ?          I am also running an all 16.1 system - using SonoPhone on my iphone (Many thanks @controlav as Apple conveniently updated the unmentionable App), and then bought a cheap tablet and am running 16.1 on that as per the APK instructions.   I also checked that my entire system is still on 16.1  7815070 firmware (I have always had auto update turned off) and also still have the desktop Mac app.    So everything is running as it was - except I spotted today that I am unable to save new playlists.   I have a NAS as a Music Server, and it still has all my Playlists (thankfully).    Tried saving one on SonoPhone, Mac desktop. and tablet - all with the same result - unable to save queue.  

Just wondering if anyone else here who has rolled back to 16.1 has seen this, or I have something specific to my system causing this.

The new app is an unmitigated disaster. I think on that everyone seems to be agreeing.

I’ve now rolled back to the previous version on my Android phone. Its a bit of a fiddle but can be done. Its definitely worth doing. It suggest others who are frustrated with the new version do the same.

Hey Chris, 

I've got a Play1 that's been set to S2 and need to downgrade to S1.  

Have downloaded the old 16.1 but just as I'm about to win... Boom! It takes me to upgrade the app which inturn doesn't allow me to downgrade 🤷🤯

Can you or anyone help please? 

Regards 

Chris

I am in the same boat @Cong0011 - did you find a way forward?

I bought an additional (2nd hand) device to add to my S1 group, but this new device is at S2, so it has to be downgraded to S1, but there is no longer functionality to get it back to S1.  I’m staggered that loyal invested customers are in this position.

Nah, I gave up in sheer frustration 😔 

Hopefully they sort it out soon.  I phoned them and apparently it was meant to be sorted with an update in June... 

Nah, I gave up in sheer frustration 😔 

Hopefully they sort it out soon.  I phoned them and apparently it was meant to be sorted with an update in June... 

Yeah, I also phoned them with no success.  I asked them why couldn't they just remotely install the s1 firmware but they said they can only update not downgrade (but installing firmware is just a 'flash process which installs whatever version they choose).  This is clearly a commercial position rather than a technical one (probably because they would be swamped with people wanting the same done) - Very frustrating!

I hate the new version, so hard to use and cannot play my music library any longer.  Regret investing so much in Sonos, it worked beautifully before the update.
Question - I rolled back to version 16.1 and it works, but I cannot add my music library.  When I try to add it, the app tells me I need to update the app, but we all know the music library does not work on the new app.  Any suggestions for how to get my music library back (it’s on iTunes on my laptop) it worked just fine on Sonos before the upgrade, I refuse to do Apple Play or Air Play or anything else that costs me money on iTunes.

I tried an app downgrade on Android but still it doesn't work for me. My TV to Sonos arc sound isn't working