Skip to main content

I lost the national radio stations Radio France, especially France Inter. it is a major problem to me and I cant to sell back the system if I cannot recover.

I can get France Inter in Chinese but I am French!

It is really a basic to be able to listen to the radio!

Is this the station you mean?

Http://direct.franceinter.fr/live/franceinter-hifi.aac

Instructions for using “TuneIn (New)” service in Sonos and adding custom url stations so that they show up also in Sonos app. Note that you need to be logged in the TuneIn Android/iOS app when adding the custom url  as the instructions say. You can skip the offer of paid TuneIn, tap top-right to get past the offer screen.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/use-tunein-to-add-internet-radio-station-urls-to-sonos

You can find urls for some stations at:

https://fmstream.org/index.php?s=France%20inter

Maybe there’s a georestriction in place now if that doesn’t work from your location. 

Off-topic but would anyone recommend a Spanish radio station that would play jazz music but also have spoken content (in order to try learning Spanish) similarly as that France Inter stream?

Why should we need to use TuneIn or Sonos Radio for anything?

Previously, we were able to add direct feeds. Now the option is missing, and the desktop client fails to add them. It even removed one I had from the old S2 controller, though oddly, a few others still work.

If they won’t buy a bridge, perhaps they’ll buy my extensive Sonos hardware...

What do you mean? Sonos has always worked with TuneIn. Even the possibility to ad url's was positioned in the TuneIn part of the app. Some french stations where removed from TuenIn earlier this year though. see this link L’écoute de Radio France via TuneIn

The new app needs you to register for a (free) account with TuneIn. In the TuneIn app (under library) you can ad stations. I've not tried myself if these will als be visible in Sono though.

Hi @gazo 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issue you’ve had with trying to play Radio France to your Sonos system.

As mentioned, Radio France opted to remove their stations from TuneIn - @106rallye has linked to a page with their reasoning.

There is now a dedicated music service available on Sonos just for playing Radio France. Please add it to your Sonos system just as with adding another service: Add a music service to Sonos

I hope this helps.

Great thanks a lot, the specific radio france service works

All of a sudden unable to play public radio. Seems to want me to sign up for an app “Tune In” for $7.99 month. Public Radio is free. Why is there suddenly a charge? People will stop using Sonos if everything has a charge. How can I receive this station free as its supposed to be? 

Looks like Sonos will be a bad idea when people find out they have to pay for everything, like is required for video access.  I will go back to an old fashioned stereo system if this is true.