I keep connecting to somebody elses Sonos system

• 21 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I own a Sonos speaker, and my landlord has like 3 speakers in his part of the house. I'm trying to connect to my own speaker but it's only connecting to my landlords speakers, I cant find my own. I've tried resetting both the speaker and the app, but nahh. How can I stop this from happening? Also, can I prevent him from seeing my speaker even if we're on the same WiFi? I am SO annoyed! Please help! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If you are on the same WiFi, then you’ll be able to see each other’s speakers, and every other device. You should be able to chose which Sonos system you want to control, but you can’t block out the other system or vice versa.

You might want to look into getting your own router/access point to generate a 2nd network just for you’re side of the home, to keep your stuff and the landlord’s separate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you try my Windows app (see profile) it will ask you wish which system you wish to connect to when started.