Skip to main content
Answered

I get the "no services set up on your sonos system error message" when I do have services set up

• 22 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Frequently (about once a day) when using the Sonos controller on an Ipad to search for music, I get the "no services set up on your sonos system" error message, even though I have multiple services and a music library set up.  The only way I know to fix it is to reset, close, and reopen the app.  (This usually works pretty quickly, but can lead to a cascade of problems if Sonos decides to be glitchy about re-connecting to my system.)  Why does this keep happening and how can I make it stop?  And, yes, my Sonos controller is up-to-date.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

A first step would be to set a static/reserved IP address for each Sonos device using your router’s DHCP page. Usually the router’s help screen or manual will make this a simple task.

Once done power down all Sonos, reboot router and controller, once they are back up power up any wired Sonos then your wireless ones.

There are other possibilities but this fix is a lot less effort to try and has helped many folks.