Skip to main content

After update to new app I cannot group my Sonos speaker - before was possible now is now working correctly.

i have switched on tv and Sonos system and I would like add one speaker from another room - in app looks fine but next Sonos speaker is silent.

Same here, also I had two moves as a stereo pair but they will not play paired up, but will on there own but like you not in a group

Same here. Quoting someone on another forum thread, “The new app stinks.” I can’t group any combination of my Port, Roam SL, and paired One SLs. The Ones were paired before the new app was released, and that pairing has held.

I can play music to each of the three rooms individually, but can’t group any of them together.

I also have this issue. Please can someone from Sonos reply with a fix, the new app is really poor.
Barely connects, often asks me to re-create my system, and I cannot link more than one speaker (the whole reason I bought sonos products).

Really poor for a premium product like Sonos to release an under-developed, under-tested application with no plan for rollback.

For anyone else who has this issue:

• Update the app
  • Go to your system and check for updates
  • Pray it works for a bit.

It looks like the system needs to be aligned from a version perspective, Sonos it would be great if this could be done automatically please.

Can I check - are you all using the grouping screen to group your speakers? This is accessed by tapping the icon showing two speakers in front of each other at the bottom of the screen, in the Now Playing section. Tick the speakers you wish to group and press Apply. Untick them to ungroup them. 

(And to play on individual speakers, drag up the Now Playing section from the bottom to bring up your list of speakers. Tap on the speaker you wish to play on, and then search for/tap on the music you wish to play. It will then play on that speaker.)

@Rhonny speaking for myself, the answer is yes, I am and have always been using the grouping screen. I was able to resolve the grouping issue eventually by repeatedly checking for updates system-wide using the desktop app on a Mac. It finally found one piece of my system that had not updated, and had not been identified as such by the mobile app. See @Razer20002 comment above.

Separate issue, but the app always sets my Kitchen group (paired One SLs) as the primary group (for lack of a better word), although I prefer my Living Room Port to be the primary so that I can join the Kitchen to play the same. I’ll look for that solution elsewhere. (At present, it just requires a couple extra steps to first display the Living Room stream, and then join the Kitchen to it.)

Thanks for the help.