Skip to main content
Question

I can not connect to my music library on Mac. Access is denied

Hello,

Today may 14, the systeem checked for updates, so I did.

And my music library disappeared. 

All settings are ok, file sharing is on, password is ok, but Sonos keeps saying acces is denied. Check the username and password.

Yesterday I noticed the android app was updated too, and music library was not an option anymore.

So what is going on and how can it be solved?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Userlevel 1

LITERALLY the same thing just happened to me on my macbook.  Checking the app on my iphone, which was previously working, now doesn’t allow access to my library either.

SONOS GET YOUR SH*T TOGETHER!  MANY PEOPLE HAVE MUSIC THEY OWN ON THEIR DEVICES AND DON’T USE STREAMING SERVICES!!  You’re not an Apple Product, you should be better than this!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You’re probably going to be unhappy till mid-June. 

Is there a workaround on Mac for missing music library that anyone know of?

Having updated to the new app, I do not seem able to connect to my local music services either on my pc, external disk attached to my pc, or my NAS server.  This is basic functionality that has been my main reason for using Sonos,  It is appalling that this functionality is missing form the apps.  There was no warning of the limitations of the new app and Sonos should be ashamed of this release.

I am having the same problem as of May 17, cannot access my music library.

Sonos - WTF?

Also om Mac, OS 12.7.5

Suffered from this issue years ago and now it’s back again after latest update.

Applied every work around from past experience but nothing works.

Someone screwed up big time @ Sonos.

How Sonos could put out an update without first warning users that their system would only work with streaming services is beyond the pale and not to update the app if you still want to access your Music Library. Whoever thought this through ought to be drawn and quartered - a house full of speakers and gear rendered useless because I don’t use streaming services.

Really?? I can’t play my 13,000 music files on Sonos anymore.  What the….PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SONOS.  We have invested over a thousand dollars in your damn speakers.

same issue on PC..absolute shocker. does anyone now the reason for this update,.worked absolutely fine before.

The same happened to me. I’m a Mac user.

Userlevel 1

On PC browsing to library location will not work. What worked for me was indicating the location as if it were a networked location i.e. \\mypc\wherever library is located. 
Library back working again. 

I lost my connection as of yesterday, May 20.  I’m on an HP PC.  This is the error I get:

I am a Mac user- also on 12.7.5 and have lost access to music library since latest Sonos update. I hope this is sorted before mid June. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

22nd May.

I updated to MacOS Sonoma two days ago. No library in Sonos settings!

I thought it was the Mac update that caused it. Now I know better 

What a complete and utter shambles.  Shame on you Sonos.

Same for me, all disappeared and cannot be updated again, neither on Mac, iPhone and iPad

I don’t have a stereo equipment anymore, so fully depending on SONOS, expensive gear hanging everywhere and useless. I only can listen my music by VLC on my Mac! What a crap!!

If SONOS doesn’t fix this, are there alternatives’ Thanks

Hello,

Today may 14, the systeem checked for updates, so I did.

And my music library disappeared. 

All settings are ok, file sharing is on, password is ok, but Sonos keeps saying acces is denied. Check the username and password.

Yesterday I noticed the android app was updated too, and music library was not an option anymore.

So what is going on and how can it be solved?

I don’t have a stereo equipment anymore, so fully depending on SONOS, expensive gear hanging everywhere and useless. I only can listen my music by VLC on my Mac! What a crap!!

If SONOS doesn’t fix this, are there alternatives’ Thanks

Same here...as per Sonos suggestions I re-set my firewall and still cannot play my music library. Very sad SONOS!!!

I am getting the exact same problem, on Windows. A weird message about a shared folder, which it isn’t, and no access to my music library, the primary reason I use Sonos. It did an update right before, which displayed an error message with no details, but when I tried again said that it was done. I uninstalled and reinstalled and had the exact same sequence occur.

Very disappointed customer here.

Same problem, on MacBook. I buy my own music and have over 600 GB of music I can no longer play through my SONOS speakers. If they do not fix this I will politely ask for a full refund on all of my Sonos equipment, as they have rendered it useless.

Same!