Skip to main content

I am having trouble setting up my new sonos ray sound bar

I am having trouble setting up my new sonos sound bar

11 replies

What troubles are you having?

It's trying to update, but won't. And because I can't update, it's not letting me use the system at all.

It's trying to update, but won't. And because I can't update, it's not letting me use the system at all.

Uhhh, you do realize the OP of this thread (and the subject of my question) is a different user than you, and this is your first post?  Check your feet, I think you have your socks mixed up. 

I have the same problem, when trying to update I get error code - 1002. 

But I see the soundbar on my WiFi network. I have tried 5 Ghz and 2,4 Ghz.

Same issue here, with brand new products

I just bought a Sonos Ray and I am having the same issue. Regardless of setting up with wired or wireless, I can see it connected fine to my network, but the app fails to find the device at the end of the setup process. This is the case even after doing the following: 

- Multiple factory resets of the device

- Forcing 2.4Ghz on the SSID of the network the device is connecting

- Uninstalling and re-installing the Sonos android app.

You need to borrow Iphone to update sonos speakers. When speakers updated, You can use android. 

App is so broken. 

I am having the same issue. I'm going to try to borrow an iphone but this is definitely not a fun unboxing/installation experience.

I am having the same issue. I'm going to try to borrow an iphone but this is definitely not a fun unboxing/installation experience.

I also tried it with an iphone. Unfortunately I had the same issue as I did on my Android. I hope Sonos has a solution soon because I'd like to use the soundbar. Right now it's just an expensive and big paper weight. 

Anyone get this resolved. 
I just purchased 2 or these Sonos Ray and I can see them in my network but the app is not finding them and it keeps tell me to go to System Settings. But won’t respond to me touching the screen? 
thanks for the help 

I just got it resolved!! It's final working. For me all I had to do was use a computer. Once I downloaded the app for my window I was able to sign in and it was able to update the ray and add it to my system. Once completed I was able to see the ray on my Android and with the app on my phone I was able to pair it to my tv. This was a tip that sonos support gave me.