Skip to main content
Question

I always have to reconnect to S2 app

• 17 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I have 2 different Sonos systems using s2 one at home and one at work after I connect to one the next day the other one doesnt automatically connect i have to Find the system. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The new app is super fussy about this. Try logging out of the old system from the app before connecting to the new one.

Absolutely agree, i have the same problem. 

Each time i move between systems, the app stresses out, then you have to go to systems, and reselect, and the log in. With its incredibly laggy performance, it can take 4 minutes just to put some music on.

What’s worse is on the iPhone app, you get the pop up to save to keychain but it disappears before you can select it. 

The old app was seemless. 

You should not have to sign in and out everytime you want to jump on a system. 

I’m having something similar. The iOS app freezes and I have to reset it and log back in, but the music will continue playing on the speakers and I can only manually stop the music on the speaker buttons not through the app. Once I reset and log back in it’ll say no music is playing however it’s still playing. For me it seems to disconnect and freeze, only showing the first song that played and none of the touch buttons work, but like it’s still sending the playlist info to the speakers… They pushed this app without proper QA.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same problem here.  It seems they didn’t envision someone having two systems.  Marketing should get involved since this would presumably be their goal!

The worst thing is that it WORKED on the old app. I went between systems seamlessly, including at a friend’s house.

And don’t get me started on how clunky it is just to select a speaker and play a music source. It always seems to default to the “bedroom” as this is alphabetically my highest listed speaker. 

The new app looks prettier but it sure is dumber. 

Same problem here. Home, work. I have to reconnect every time really frustrating.