Answered

how to write the pathway between my hard disc music library and sonos 1

• 4 October 2023
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Sadly 2 Sonos advisers have failed to help me link my hard disc which holds my Music Library and my Sonos 1. I need to know how to write the pathway link in my Library Settlings.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 October 2023, 11:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Which device are you using to setup your library? I’m very careful to avoid special characters and spaces in directory names.

Beyond the great comment above, what is your Sonos 1, since there is no such device? There is a Sonos One, and a Sonos PLAY:1. The latter will run either S1 or S2, the former tends to be S2 in all cases (there are a few corner cases, though). Where is your music library stored, PC, Mac, or NAS?

Thank you for your kind reply. I apologise for my illiterate title heading.

A Mac desktop running macOS version 14.00. The music library is on a G drive hard disc folder “Music” linked by USB.

My Sonos 1 is up to date - in fact it was reloaded from scratch again today.

When I  go to Sonic 1 Controller - Manage - Music library settings there are currently no folders.

On the screen showing My music folders on Sonos I add +

Then to the middle option - Add another drive or folder.

Then a heading “add music from your computer or external drive”.

Then I have the option to write the pathway to my hard disc music library - but I do not know how to!

Thank you for all and any help!

Thank you for writing

My desktop states “Sonos  1 controller” and that controls my Sonos system.

I run 3 connect amps and one Sonos Play 1 - all under the control of my S1 controller.

As mentioned my Music Library is on a G Drive 5 Tb hard disc.

I want to link this Music folder to my Sonos system.

Thanks

Ian

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ICG 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Perhaps our No tracks from Mac USB drive in Sonos music library help page will be of assistance? After following these steps, you should be able to browse to the path.

I hope this helps.