Answered

How to stream UHD music via Amazon

• 25 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I just signed up to a free trial of Amazon Unlimited to run through my Sonos system and compare to Apple Music to see if true lossless (24-bit) is a discernible difference. My main music speakers are stereo paired play 5’s (gen 2) + sub. 

I can’t seem to stream UHD (24-bit). Rather all of it is HD (16-bit). I am running it through S2 app and have Amazon music settings set to highest audio quality. I read subsequently that either gen of the sub is not compatible with UHD so I unlinked my sub and tried it on stereo paired play 5’s (gen 2) and still the same. 

I’m using the Amazon music UHD for Sonos playlist via the S2 app. Any ideas? 

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Belly M 25 February 2023, 21:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Sometimes it can take a minute or two after you start a song in UHD for the “Ultra HD” badge to appear in the Sonos app.

Badge +1

I played the UHD playlist for an hour and saw only HD with the sub paired. Then removed sub from room and tried again and saw no HD / UHD with stereo 5’s 

Userlevel 7

Did you completely remove the Sub from the Play:5s or did you just disable the Sub?

Badge +1

Completely removed it to another room

Badge +20

Contact Amazon, sometimes the account (for some very strange reason) won’t playback hires. This is a throwback from when they had two tiers and Hires was extra. If it checks out ok, remove the Amazon credentials from the Sonos App and add them again. 

The Amazon music app plays no part in what bitrate Sonos plays.