Skip to main content

Please provide a rollback option to S2.

The new app was advertised as a feature upgrade.  No mention of feature losses.  

We got feature losses and no warning.  No informed choice to delay the “upgrade.”

I cannot add a single song to the queue.  Basic queue management a critical feature that somehow didn’t make it into your MVP.

Now you expect your user base to wait months to return to feature parity.  Months.  

Do you realize how ridiculous this is from a user perspective?

If you are on Android you can just sideload an old apk
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/

Thanks for this tip I have managed to install V16 successfully. I don’t know how long that will work before it forces another update to the new awful version of the App or this version stops working.

I agree with everyone’s comments on how bad this new version is, I cannot understand how SONOS have got this one so wrong. It effectively makes the app unusable. I have had to do everything on my PC app. Let’s hope they done decimate that as well.

I have also found that my list of queued songs took ages to load on the new app and loaded a few songs at a time. That did not happen on the old app on the same phone. Anyone else noticed this? 

There is a Forbes article that addresses the botched release and the fact they even they can’t get a response from the company.  For anyone that doesn’t know, Forbes is a business orientated entity, so their interest is from the Sonos stockholders’ perspective.  According to the article, Sonos is a public company traded on the Nasdaq exchange.  The more noise caused by customers because of this release the more likely it negatively impacts the price of the stock.  Ultimately, these are Sonos management’s bosses so it may fix the problem in the long run.  Let’s face it, Sonos had to know how bad this software was before it was released.  The new Sonos app on my iPhone is so bad that I have to close it to keep it from causing issues with my Sonos system, which prevents Sonos from operating properly on my Mac!  PersonalIy, I am researching alternative products to move from Sonos as a long-term solution.  They are acting like a conceited company, so it’s hard to see them doing right by customers without being forced.  It would be easy for them to roll back the release while it is being fixed.  The real question is what motivated this premature release?

Is there a procedure to roll back to S2?

on andriod yes

What are we to do ?Is Sonos going to refund the cost of my 5 speakers ?Also affecting my business as music is fundamental !

PLEASE BRING BACK S2 - this new app is impossible to navigate basic functions.  I deleted the new app and we use only my wife's phone which has the S2 app.  HELP - NOW!!!!

PLEASE BRING BACK S2 - this new app is impossible to navigate basic functions.  I deleted the new app and we use only my wife's phone which has the S2 app.  HELP - NOW!!!!

😳

GregInTucson - new Sonos app malfunctioning on iOS.  Select a different speaker for music but it retreats to the previous speaker and remains stuck.  Cannot choose our “pool” speaker without the bathroom speaker also selected.  What a mess!  Sonos - do you QA your apps before pushing or is this frustration to users part of the QA?  Suggest always allowing users to retreat to the previous version so they can “tap out” of guinea pig mode.

New app experience is not good. everyone seems to agree.

Thanks for this tip I have managed to install V16 successfully. I don’t know how long that will work before it forces another update to the new awful version of the App or this version stops working.

I agree with everyone’s comments on how bad this new version is, I cannot understand how SONOS have got this one so wrong. It effectively makes the app unusable. I have had to do everything on my PC app. Let’s hope they done decimate that as well.

I have also found that my list of queued songs took ages to load on the new app and loaded a few songs at a time. That did not happen on the old app on the same phone. Anyone else noticed this? 

Ddisable updates on the app and in your play store 👍

Works. Media library functions to my Nas limited and prompted to update incessantly. Thank you for this lifeline

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. PLEASE provide method for iPhone users to rollback to old app. If not, no more additional Sonos products for me. 

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. PLEASE provide method for iPhone users to rollback to old app. If not, no more additional Sonos products for me. 

100% agree with this plea. It’s not a fear of change, it’s quite simply that the new app is misjudged untested rubbish!!!

Any update from Sonos?  Is there an official way to rollback to a previous version?
I don’t want to go to 3rd party sites to download an apk file.  We all have banking apps on our phones, so I’d rather not install apk files from a source I don’t know.

So Sonos: please, IS THERE AN OFFICIAL WAY  TO ROLLBACK to a version that worked ?

Sonos, please give those of us on IOS a rollback option.

The new app is simply terrible from any aspect as these boards indicate. This release is a disaster and any company concerned with their customer’s satisfaction would simply provide a rollback option.

What’s the problem?

(Anyone notice the article in the Washington Post about this update?)

Any update from Sonos?  Is there an official way to rollback to a previous version?
I don’t want to go to 3rd party sites to download an apk file.  We all have banking apps on our phones, so I’d rather not install apk files from a source I don’t know.

So Sonos: please, IS THERE AN OFFICIAL WAY  TO ROLLBACK to a version that worked ?

Please respond SONOS. We’ve all been begging for you to help us for a couple of weeks now. The new app has spoiled our enjoyment of your (very expensive) products. 😩

Perhaps legal action is needed. 

Legal action will bring zero results. The new app is horrible. Now I can’t even group speakers, which is a core value proposition of Sonos since they first launched. I can play music on each speaker separately, but they will not group. How does anyone at Sonos sleep at night? If I was in charge of tech we would be working around the clock. 

The reality is that companies only respond when you hit them in the only thing that matters-revenue. Stop buying their products. It’s a painful response as I love Sonos and have been using their products since launch. Please go explore the Denon heos ecosystem. It’s pretty dang good. And the app is very simple and straightforward- just like s2. Until we punish companies by stopping to purchase their products when they do not respond to customer pain, they will have the power and all we can do is lament on these forums.