Skip to main content
Question

How does one update their Sonos devices with new app?

• 4 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Yes, I know the new app is terrible - see other posts.

My question: I would like to install firmware updates for my devices, but the new app does not seem to have a “check for updates” button.

I still have the old app on my PC, so I use that for most things while I wait for a working controller. But for now I don’t  want to update my PC controller. Unfortunately “update” on the pc controller wants to update the controller which I will not do.

Is there a way to update the system now?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Settings (Gear icon, upper right) > Manage > System Updates.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Open the App..

“Click” on the star wheel next to the little face (your account).
“Click” on Manage, select System Updates, and then select Check for Updates..

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Be careful when updating the firmware and not the App. The latest firmware is not included in the article below but I expect it will be added at some point.

The PC App is not subject to the same level of change as the phone one so you are probably OK updating the PC App and the Firmware. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Open the App..

“Click” on the star wheel next to the little face (your account).
“Click” on Manage, select System Updates, and then select Check for Updates..

Ah, I didn’t ever suspect that the tinny and dark “manage” word was a button. Sure enough. just goes straight to error on my ipad, but it actually works on my android. tx.