Answered

How do you setup a kid's Apple Music account with the Sonos App (no phone)

• 12 June 2023
  • 4 replies

My child has an Apple Music account, but no iOS devices of her own. How do you setup Apple Music in Sonos without a iPhone/iPad?

We have only a Sonos Move.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 12 June 2023, 14:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No iOs devices or no phone? The Sonos app also works for Android, so an Android phone coul be used to command the speaker.

Sonos Voice Control also seems to work for Apple Musoc: https://support.sonos.com/en/article/music-services-that-work-with-sonos-voice-control

Thanks. My 8 year old doesn’t have a phone, iOS or android. I was having her planning on using a Mac laptop (with her own account) to configure her music, then voice control for Sonos. However… I want voice control to go to her music and playlists. So, that is why I’m trying to figure out how to load her Apple Music profile to the device.

Temporarily sign into the child’s Apple Music app on your device using their username/password, then setup that Apple Music account on Sonos.  Then log out from Apple Music and sign back in with your credentials.

However, there is only one default account per voice assistant, so the child’s account will be the default for all speakers, unless you isolate their speaker(s) to a single household. 

From what I can tell, you can’t change an Apple Music ID to be different than the iOS device.