Skip to main content
Question

How do you save a playlist in the new app

I don’t see a way to save a playlist, clear a queue or delete songs from a playlist on the new app

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi Bill!  You can’t so any of those things, and those of us who have called support have confirmed this is intentional and not considered a bug.  Your actual speakers (where the real Sonos system lives) are not affected and if you can get back to the old app somehow or use a desktop app you will still be able to do those things.

Userlevel 3

Hmmm. But aren’t those basic functions of the system?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@webmink, I had assumed these were bugs that they would fix (like alarms etc). I didn’t realise that they were claiming that the removal of saving playlist, clearing queue and deleting songs from a playlist was by design.

These are basic functionalities. This is getting ridiculous now, the new app is a disgrace.

Userlevel 3

Right, it basically makes the app unusable. Thanks in any case - I downloaded the desk top app and that does seem to work, but far from ideal

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hmmm. But aren’t those basic functions of the system?

You would think, huh. But see this reply:

where a member of staff indicates they are considered “extras” when they say:

This revitalization of the Sonos app is our most ambitious software update yet, and aims to address what our customers have been asking us for. It’s a huge undertaking, and we are taking the time and effort to ensure all features work seamlessly and meet both our standards and the standards of our listeners. With this commitment in mind, features such as playlist creation and queue editing within the Sonos app, sleep timers, and local library support will not be available at launch, but will be added to the app on a rolling basis over the coming months.

The new app is junk, can’t get to my playlists. This is a basic function, thought I was just stupid because I couldn’t find them, turns out Sonos purposely took it out.  Huge mistake Sonos, hope you take a hit on your bottom line, because unlike great products, a great app was not good enough, you had to screw it up and take away basic functions everybody uses.  Loyal customers are thinking twice about future purchases, including myself. 

What the hell have you done. The app is difficult to navigate and is totally useless. I've spent hours trying to clear my current playlist and can't find a way to do it. 

I thought I was being dim in not finding ways to edit playlists!! 

Sonos needs to reinstate the functionality in the app otherwise their hardware will become pretty useless very quickly.

They seem to be more interested in selling headphones at the moment!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

What a disaster with this new app!! Please fix

Was this removal of basic functionality “addressing what our customers were asking for”?  The Sonos system keeps getting worse instead of better.  This latest app “update” was the last straw for me.  After being a customer for 12 years and fully investing my home audio into the Sonos ecosystem, I have put my 11 Sonos products up for sale.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

These are all features I use on a daily basis. Because of this, I’ve only updated the Sonos app on one device and have been avoiding subsequent updates on that device, in case that forces me to update the apps on other devices. So far I’m still able to use the older app normally on my other devices, and will hold on to that as long as I can. 

In terms of these playlist editing features, I was assuming they would eventually return, but am I wrong about that? Some comments on this thread seem to suggest they are never coming back. That would have a highly negative effect on the way I typically use Sonos.

If this was a new product, you can be pretty certain they would not release it until it had basic playlist creation functionality.  But, since we’re locked into our existing hardware/software dependencies, they can remove basic functionality from the latest release and instead prioritize monetary generating features such as streaming radio with ads and tracking.  Maybe they will offer playlists again someday or maybe not.  

It would appear that the problems are getting worse. Basic connectivity on 2 mobile phones in the house and the web app on my desktop are now totally unusable.

Can anyone suggest an alternative app that can stream to Sonos devices??🤣

Does anyone at Sonos actually read these posts???😡

Oh and just received another marketing email from Sonos sell effing headsets AGAIN.

Message to the sales and marketing people at Sonos:

No-one wants to buy your hardware if you can’t actually connect to it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

It would appear that the problems are getting worse. Basic connectivity on 2 mobile phones in the house and the web app on my desktop are now totally unusable.

Can anyone suggest an alternative app that can stream to Sonos devices??🤣

Does anyone at Sonos actually read these posts???😡

Airplay or use Spotify Connect or the Amazon Music equivalent.

Regarding Sonos reading this… This is primarily a user community support forum, whilst Sonos employees do monitor it they must be crazy busy dealing with posts regarding the tragic New app.  Your issues are pretty typical of users experience with the latest APP, unfortunately.  Sonos playlist functionality is still inadequate!

Oh and just received another marketing email from Sonos sell effing headsets AGAIN.

Message to the sales and marketing people at Sonos:

No-one wants to buy your hardware if you can’t actually connect to it.

I just got the same mail; and cancelled my subscription! No need for hardware if i can’t actually play the stuff i want.