Skip to main content
Answered

How do I convert a spotify playlist to a sonos playlist

• 25 August 2023
  • 6 replies

There seem to be a million threads on converting/exporting playlists out of Sonos, but I want to convert a playlist from Spotify into a Sonos playlist.  

I want to do this so that I can add songs to the playlist that do not appear on Spotify.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

One quick way is to load the Spotify playlist to a speaker queue in the Sonos App, then save the queue as a Sonos playlist, then simply add tracks to that saved playlist.

I thought that, but if I select the playlist, it doesn’t add the songs to the queue. Is there a way to force them to be added?

I thought that, but if I select the playlist, it doesn’t add the songs to the queue. Is there a way to force them to be added?

I thought it did. It certainly does with Amazon Music, Apple Music & Deezer etc. - I assume the Spotify premium service works in the same way in the Sonos App. I don’t think you can with the Spotify ‘Free’ service however🤔?

Are you using a Spotify premium account, or their ‘free’ service, with Ads?

My bad, I hadn’t realised my daughter had logged in with her free account.  Once I switched back to Spotify premium it was fine.

Userlevel 2
Badge

One quick way is to load the Spotify playlist to a speaker queue in the Sonos App, then save the queue as a Sonos playlist, then simply add tracks to that saved playlist.

SIMPLY BRILLIANT! eloquently simple. worked for me. I have a LOT of YT music (YouTube Music) playlists and hadn't thought of this eloquently simple solution. it works so any music streaming source with its own playlists in principle.  It helps me get over losing all my sonos playlists when the original (hardware) sonos CR100 controller finally expired, with no playlist export solutions available...  

Nothing was stored in the CR100. SONOS Playlists are stored in the players.