Answered

How do I control/limit what is played through sonos?

• 7 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I am my wits end, any help would be extremely appreciated!

We use Spotify/ Sonos to play music in our business, however whilst we’re away sometimes the staff pop on their own music which isn’t ideal

Is there a way we can limit what is played? We’re happy to buy any piece of kit or use a different steaming service.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 July 2023, 23:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

My suggestion here is to put the Sonos music system on an entirely separate router with a dedicated wired/wireless LAN subnet and have one or more dedicated Sonos controllers only. The second router can gateway onto your main LAN (double NAT) and use the current internet WAN connection …and when you’re away, leave someone in charge of the Sonos controller device(s) and perhaps any pre-created Spotify playlists etc. The Staff will not then have access, as long as you deny them access to the separate LAN and keep it secure.

So no, there is no specific function to limit this capability in the Sonos controller.