Skip to main content

How do I add a new network to my sonos system?

• 10 May 2024
  • 7 replies

I’ve just added a travel router to my apartment and would like to change the network used by my Sonos system, but I can only find out how to remove a network, not add one in the new app.

7 replies

Userlevel 3

You can’t, they decided something as important as changing networks didn’t need to be in their new app at launch, they expect you to factory reset your devices every time you need to change network.

So I could do it with a full reset?

Userlevel 3

Yeah if you factory reset your speakers and set up from scratch you can connect it to your new WiFi.

Userlevel 2

You can’t, they decided something as important as changing networks didn’t need to be in their new app at launch, they expect you to factory reset your devices every time you need to change network.

Even with factory reset I can't change network.... I added after 10 minutes each time boost+ play 1 to test and at the end application say it's say added but I do not see the boost or speaker in my devices list. Someone already succeeded to add a new device with the new application? On my side it's very slow, I have to try to configure multiple times and then it's not available...

Did you resolve this? I assume your using Gen devices?

Userlevel 3

It was added a few app updates ago so he’s resolved.

Thanks . So is it an easy process or does ownership have to change? I’m heading to a family party with Move 1 and Amp (for line in)  on Saturday and want to connect it to their network. Then return home and reconnect to my network? Tks