Answered

How can I play my music library from my iPhone to Sonos One (1st Gen)?

• 3 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi all – I’ve searched Google and Sonos for a while now and can’t find an answer to my issue.

I can play from streaming services to my Sonos One, but I can’t play any music from iTunes – either via the Sonos app, or via Airplay – my speaker doesn’t show up when I click the Airplay icon in iTunes.

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 3 November 2022, 14:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It’s a One, not a Play:1 that you own? Play:1 is older and doesn’t support Airplay. 

Have you enabled iTunes/Apple Music in the Add Music Services part of Settings (cog icon at bottom right of phone app). 

Thanks – ah it is actually a Play:1… but I’m sure I used to play my iTunes through it? 

I did try to add iTunes but I don’t have an Apple Music account so I couldn’t do that.

So as its a Play:1 is there no way to play the library of music thats stored on my phone – only streaming services?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Some years ago there was something like “on my phone” but Apple changed something and stopped it. That was prob what you were using. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You can use the Music Library facility if your iTunes music is on a NAS or hard drive somewhere?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Upload all your music to iBroadcast.  It is a free, cloud based storage for your music library.  iBroadcast can then be added as a streaming service in your Sonos app.  Works great.