Answered

HD and UHD Markers Disappearing

• 30 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I'm new to Amazon Music on my Sonos system. I've noticed that when I start music from the Sonos app the player shows an HD or UHD marker. However, after a couple hours of music the marker no longer appears on songs I know are HD or UHD. Anyone else notice this? Any thoughts on the cause? Solutions?

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 31 January 2022, 00:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

The Amazon Music audio resolution badge will only appear when playback is initiated from within the Sonos app.

When you say after a couple of hours the badge no longer appears, is this still during the same playlist?

If a playlist has finished or been stopped, you can say to Alexa “resume” and the queue will resume in the higher quality.

However, if you then cast from the Amazon Music app, or ask Alexa to play a specific song or playlist, it will only be the standard OGG 320kbps stream that plays and therefore no badge.

Badge +1

The Amazon Music audio resolution badge will only appear when playback is initiated from within the Sonos app.

When you say after a couple of hours the badge no longer appears, is this still during the same playlist?

If a playlist has finished or been stopped, you can say to Alexa “resume” and the queue will resume in the higher quality.

However, if you then cast from the Amazon Music app, or ask Alexa to play a song or playlist, it will only be the standard OGG 320kbps stream that plays and therefore no badge.

I started the music from the Sonos app without pausing. I noticed after a couple hours that the badge no longer appears. I use the Sonos app exclusively to play my Amazon playlists. I have not used any verbal Alexa commands.

Userlevel 7

I think the local network environment can impact on what stream Sonos decides to play.

Can you describe your setup? Do you have any speakers wired to your router or are all on WiFi?

If a speaker is wired, try changing the SonosNet channel in the Sonos app. Also ensure your router is not broadcasting on the same channel.

Quickest way to get an answer might be to submit a diagnostic from the Sonos app when no badge appears, then contact Sonos Support. They can look into the diagnostic to see any potential issue as to why this is occurring for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’m not seeing the badge disappear but I do get other glitches on Amazon. What I have been doing is to go to My Sonos and pick another stream, let it start playing and then restart the stream I was listening to.

Been too busy and this is too little aggravation for me to make much effort to fix it. As said above you could wait for the issue then submit a diagnostic and call Sonos with the number. Posting here is an option but you aren’t sure to get a response.