Having a lot of trouble with software and system - can't connect or play music

• 3 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Every time I try to use this speaker its 30-40 min of work to get it working.  then I can't use my playlists, can't even use the AUX cable without going through hell (the stupid software) which limits everything.  I don’t understand why you want to limit (control) us just using a speaker.  Now after all the frustration it just doesn’t even work anymore lol.  just flashes and won’t connect, and apparently according to the website it doesn’t support apple products for set up anymore which is something you have to do constantly with this garbage software.  I’m about to throw this thing in the lake.  Such a waste of time and money.  I’ve wasted so many hours of my life on this trash.  If you are looking to buy one of these (Don’t)!!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Eddiew I feel your pain, it’s beyond me why a premium product can’t get their s*** together. 
anyway I best not say too much because it’s nearly Christmas and I don’t want to upset John B

Happy Christmas @P1553d off .  Good ro see you are still around. I hope 2021 is a better year for you and everyone else than 2020 has been for most. Maybe you will even get your Sonos system working!

@Eddiew . It is a shame that you have persisted so long with Sonos. The speaker your profile says you have has not been on sale for 6 years - you really should have sought help sooner, rather than wait until today to join the Community. 

May I suggest you.recycle your speaker rather than throw it in the lake, in the interest of the environment.

And 'it doesn't support Apple products for setup any more'?  What?  If you are going ro troll, please try to do it competently. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Well my my John B has found his balls. 
well done, keep up with the therapy it seems to be working 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Eddiew If you are still interested in being helped, please state what limits you are running into. I use my Connect very often ( to listen to my CD collection) and do not feel limited by the inputs or the software. So I'm curious as to how you feel limited.

You mention start up trouble that seems wifi related. How do you start your system? Do you take them off the power grid?

Well my my John B has found his balls. 
well done, keep up with the therapy it seems to be working 

You are always good for a laugh.  Please never leave us.

Most threads on here are genuine problems from real users - like yours was originally.  But occasionally there is a thread like this, where there are so many things that are inconsistent and implausible that it is hard to believe it’s genuine.  So it’s just as well that your empathy seems limitless, as I think it was wasted here.