Skip to main content

So I have a play 5 and a Sonos sub woofer and my music is the Sonos Music Library which somehow comes from songs stored in my MacBook Air (2023).  Suddenly I am denied to play my music.  What has Sonos done?  Just out of the blue.   What if I were having to entertain using my device.  So I call Sonos support (1 hour wait) and a polite tech does what he believes will fix the problem.  I feel relieved.  Music indexing complete - music denied.  Second call (almost 1.5 hours).  He reads the ticket info and tries to resolve.  Finally he says something about Sonos is not supported by SMB1 (which I guess is a language or something in my MacBook Air.   Sonos drops it because it’s unsecured.  You now need version 2 or 3.  Sonos can do this with Windows and help those customers - Apple customers - sorry - too bad so sad.   I phone Apple - what we don’t look after 3rd party technology.  Two big companies with lots of income and no help - they simply abandon you.   I try a third route.  Geek Squad.  After about a half hour on the phone or hold while he tries to find info and discuss with his superior - he says he’ll call me back.  No call - over two hours ago.   So thank you Sonos for this abrupt disruption into an okay running system.  You have my money for the the Play5 and the SubWoofer.  So all good on your end.   And all good with Apple - I’ve spent chunks of money over the years with them.   And the Geek guys I guess aren’t as Geek as one would have thought.   My condolences to all other Apple users who have lost their investments.

So I have a play 5 and a Sonos sub woofer and my music is the Sonos Music Library which somehow comes from songs stored in my MacBook Air (2023).  Suddenly I am denied to play my music.  What has Sonos done?  Just out of the blue.   What if I were having to entertain using my device.  So I call Sonos support (1 hour wait) and a polite tech does what he believes will fix the problem.  I feel relieved.  Music indexing complete - music denied.  Second call (almost 1.5 hours).  He reads the ticket info and tries to resolve.  Finally he says something about Sonos is not supported by SMB1 (which I guess is a language or something in my MacBook Air.   Sonos drops it because it’s unsecured.  You now need version 2 or 3.  Sonos can do this with Windows and help those customers - Apple customers - sorry - too bad so sad.   I phone Apple - what we don’t look after 3rd party technology.  Two big companies with lots of income and no help - they simply abandon you.   I try a third route.  Geek Squad.  After about a half hour on the phone or hold while he tries to find info and discuss with his superior - he says he’ll call me back.  No call - over two hours ago.   So thank you Sonos for this abrupt disruption into an okay running system.  You have my money for the the Play5 and the SubWoofer.  So all good on your end.   And all good with Apple - I’ve spent chunks of money over the years with them.   And the Geek guys I guess aren’t as Geek as one would have thought.   My condolences to all other Apple users who have lost their investments.

They abandoned their loyal customers

Bad company